New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the great responce to my last question I figured I would ask another newbie question. I searched and could not find any additional information on the topic so please help! Over the course of the summer as the heat broke 90 deg, the suspension on my car has started making this wonderful squeek. Every bump, every pot hole, every turn. It sounds primarily from the front of the car, but can't be sure. Recently the problem is worse when I turn right, especially under power. If I am not moving, I get a wonderful clicking sound when I turn the wheel right, but nothing when I turn the whell left. I know that this is probably more than one problem, but I wanted to ask before I just started replacing things.

Thanks again

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
K not sure how much you know about cars but....

The squeak could be your sway bar bushings or maybe the strut mount(not sure about that maybe not)

as for the click id try taking off your front tires one at a time.... check the brake lines make sure they are still in thier retaining spots on the strut, not sure what tires/ rims your running with the rims off look for any scraping of the wheel wells. If its none of that one of your wheel bearings might be going out.

just my few guesses....

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had the same problem ( kind of ) and it was the front stabalizer bar links - Connect front sway bar to the struts. The stock ones are non-greasable and wear out. I got some Moog's from Rockauto.com that har zerks on them. Problem went right away.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
I don't know much either but on my other car it made clicking noise when turning & come to find out my Cv Joint was cracked which made it "CLICK" . But i could be way off 2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.