New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
Crap. It says it flows 150 CFM, but IIRC the Duratec needs twice that amount at the top of the rev range.

·
Registered
585 Posts
CFM = (RPM * Displacement) / 3456; So at 6K RPM, our 155 CID engine needs 269 CFM. Even at 4K RPM that fan wouldn't supply enough air.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
it spins at 150CFM. The TB is also sucking in air. From my experience with this (it was a quick set-up job just to see if it worked), any supercharger that gets power from the 12V source doesn't work too well. Think about it, when you turn your A/C on there's a huge power loss. With this, you're taking away power by trying to power this thing.

Mike

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
the ac loss is from the belt spinning the compressor, its parasitic drag, not electrical drag. This might just make your alternator dislike you and make you lights dim or something

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
it spins at 150CFM. The TB is also sucking in air. From my experience with this (it was a quick set-up job just to see if it worked), any supercharger that gets power from the 12V source doesn't work too well. Think about it, when you turn your A/C on there's a huge power loss. With this, you're taking away power by trying to power this thing.

Mike
Last I checked CFM was a measure for volume and not rotational speed.
:rolleyes::banhim:
Get a clue before you reply.

I do agree however that this "supercharger" (do I dare even call it that?) is a pile of crap.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarGT
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide

Mike
Last I checked CFM was a measure for volume and not rotational speed.
:rolleyes::banhim:
Get a clue before you reply.

I do agree however that this "supercharger" (do I dare even call it that?) is a pile of crap.

hmm...and how would you say that volume increases?

EDIT: oh and how many of you have had experience with this thing? Well, I have.

Mike

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I never said VOLUME increases.

You claimed something can spin at a given rate measured in CFM.
That is a measure for the movement of a volume, not rotation.

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
i'm waving this piece of paper back and forth 150 times a second so im moving 150cfm, man i could supercharge my cougar with paper

hi i'm earth, have we met?
i dont think soo!

·
Registered
810 Posts
note that there still has not been anyone dumb enough to bid on it yet and it is 3 days later...you could pay me to put it in my car....

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
This guy's been on ebay for the longest time with that thing. But one time there actually was 1 bid on it...who knows it could have been his friend or relative.

Mike

·
Registered
585 Posts
maybe it was the guy that gave negative feedback saying something he bought didn't give gains.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The only way you'll get a gain out of this things would be to install it on top of a cup of ice. Then take your AC out of the car and next time it's hot turn on your new supercharger. And wallah you're not too hot and no parasitic loss of horsepower from the AC. :banana:

·
Registered
404 Posts
One last thing make sure you point the blowy part out of the cup. Or all you'll end up doing is melting your ice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts