New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone maybe chime in and maybe post the goods and bads of both and what would be better for what reasons .

I cant decide if I want a supercharger or turbo so maybe someone can help a brother out.
(info, HP # of both , what you would choose , for what reasons etc...)

thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
been covered all ready.. the turbo is better but also way harder to get right or to get at all. and then supercharger has a kit but still needs work and only gives full boost under high rpms.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
It's all down to personal preferance.

Give me a supercharger over a turbocharger anyday.
No sudden rush of power to help break traction, plus strain engine, gearbox and driveshaft components.

Just check out my powergraph below to see the nice smooth power and torque curve. No having to watch revs etc etc, just floor it and whoosh...off you go ! lovl
The below power graph isn't my final one. My final graph on a very hot day was 346bhp

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Sorry to hijack- But where is the bump in the graph for the secondaries in the split-second that the ECU needs to compensate? Have you removed the secondaries entirely? Did you leave the rod in the LIM? If not, how did you seal the LIM?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi mate,

Sorry for the delay. Been on holiday etc etc

Anyhow, I don't have any secondaries. Even whilst I was running the engine in BEFORE the ProCharger went on I was running without secondaries.

I assume they left the rod in there but I must be honest I don't know for sure. I'll ask them for you next time I speak to the shop.

Right now, I'm just enjoying scaring the living crap out of Scoobies, M3's and the odd Porsche :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
You could fit my supercharger set up on any auto. The charger is mounted on the left side of the engine and as such is not in the way of the gearbox. ;)

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Shagmonkey said:
It's all down to personal preferance.

Give me a supercharger over a turbocharger anyday.
No sudden rush of power to help break traction, plus strain engine, gearbox and driveshaft components.

Just check out my powergraph below to see the nice smooth power and torque curve. No having to watch revs etc etc, just floor it and whoosh...off you go ! lovl
The below power graph isn't my final one. My final graph on a very hot day was 346bhp

i have to admit, that is one nice dyno graph... thats on a cougar?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
It most def is. A 2.5 Duratec. I'm VERY impressed with how it all turned out. Even the shop that did all the work and ProCharger themselves were impressed.
The shop reckon it's one of the best graphs they have done.
Don't forget that the above graph wasn't the final one. the final one peaked at 346bhp and if it wasn't for the rev limiter, it would keep on going.

I can pootle around town, minding my own business, keeping it under 3500rpm. Then when some moron in a Subaru tries to have me, I just drop it, nail it and then hope and pray to God there aint no coppers around !! :rofl:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
The only picture I have right now (car is undergoing a cosmetic face lift) is this one here:

http://www.cougardb.com/image.php?id=8483&raw=1

With regards to mods. I'll see if I can remember what mods were done to the engine.

Engine was fully gas flowed, ported, balanced and blue printed
Weapon R headers & High flow Y pipe
Uprated con rods
Uprated pistons
Uprated oil pump
Uprated water pump
Uprated fuel pump and another inline fuel booster
Titanium engine bolts
47lb Fuel Injectors :eek:
Fast road CAM's
Oil Breather (dunno if there is a proper name for it)
Custom made Blue Flame exhaust system (No CAT)
Emerald ECU
ProCharger C1 model
ProCharger Intercooler

Other mods done to the car (not inc interior) are: uprated engine mounts, uprated 5 speed box (It was an auto before). Custom paddle type clutch (rated for 500bhp). Quaife differential. Koni shocks with SPAX lowering springs. ST200 rear strut brace. 21mm rear anti roll bar. BAER big brake kit.

ummmmm..without listing all the interior mods and ICE.....I think that's it.
I'll be posting loads of piccies once the exterior work is all done. Not long now ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.