New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i see that vortech makes a supercharger for 98-00 cougars ...

would i be able to put one on an '01 cougar ???
if not, why not ???

also whats the difference between the 98-00 cougar vs. 01-02 cougar ???

thanks,
- Dave

·
Administrator
15,570 Posts
The fuel system is different, but only early 99s have the return style. Late 99 on up has returnless.

There is also a difference in the timing cover and belt routing on the 01/02 cars, which probably makes a difference because of the way that the Vortech mounts, and where the jackshaft pulley is. I'm just guessing here...

Good luck finding one anyway. If you want a supercharger kit, the best thing to do at this point would be to contact Blackcoog and buy his kit when it is available. You can read about it here:

http://www.newcougar.org/forums/forced-induction/100426-interest-supercharger-setup.html

·
Premium Member
12,347 Posts
;) Just giving Vortech crap for stating '98 in their advertisements. And like Wade hinted at, good luck finding one since they stopped producing them last year. Hit up BlackCoog when he is ready for sales.

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
^^^Well since the vortech was probably marketed more towards the Contour, which did have a 98 production model, thats probably the reason that number carried over to our platform.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,820 Posts
The 01-02 has a tensioner pulley that is exactly in the way of the blower jackshaft pulley. It was in a different spot in 99-00.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts