New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here's the deal. I'm sure most of you know about the most recent supercharger on e-bay. Link Well I was the high bidder. I soon after got a e-mail from the seller wanting me to send her payment in England. She said it was her brothers and she is visiting him and wants to sell it for him. I thought there was something fishy sendinging money out of the country so I delayed payment. I looked up her contact information and it listed a number in Minnesota, I called it today and they had never heard of the lady. I quickly decided not to send payment. I soon after got an e-mail from BlackCoug, Thanks a lot dude!!, he said that she offered him the supercharger for 1800 because I tried to pay with a credit card (NOT TRUE!!) he was e-mailing me to confirm if I had payd or not. I already filed a complaint with the IFCC and the FBI but I'm not sure if they can do anything out of the country. IF you BID and got an e-mail DO NOT SEND PAYMENT. She is a complete fraud. If you would like more information or would like to see copies of the e-mails reply or PM me I have them all.

I'm very glad I was able to avoid this fraud and I hope others are to.

If you need any help in this matter don't hesitate to ask.

John

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
oh man that sucks. glad you checked into it before you commited 2000 bucks. geeze i'd be furious.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'm glad to hear everything worked out for you. I'd be pretty leary about a large dollar amount purchase from someone that was new on e-bay. That person didn't even have one feedback listed.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
I'm going to guess they aren't going to get positive feedback...

Good job on checking things out before handing over the $$. :thumbsup:

-Nick

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, I'm glad I didn't get hosed on this deal. I'm somewhat bumed that I'm not gonna get the S/C but maybe I'll just use it for a 3L hybrid....not sure yet

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,718 Posts
I see the seller has now DE-registered. Probably going to create another eBay I.D. and try to rip somebody else off.

Somebody should cross-post this on the Contour boards.

Nice catch, John...

G

·
Glad to see some of our smart neco members on here and glad to see you did the best thing possible and alert others as well, good job John and Blackcoug!

Nice taste in color cougar too!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks, the color was pretty much just luck, it was a dark day out when I went to look/buy so I thought it was gray. :stupid:

Back to the thread, I posted it on the Contour board, and it turns out someone over there got the e-mail from her as well. I'm glad I could help.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Originally posted by: Pyrochaos
This is why I kill people.
ummm....

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Note to self......don't piss off Pyrochaos, but be sure to get on his good side/give him a check when I get pissed at someone. ;)

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I didn't bid on it....but its cool that you are lookin out for NECO members :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts