New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After taking my cougar for a car show/cruise this month in 97-100 degree weather I have a bit of an issue with over heating but only with the a/c on sitting in traffic. I am attributing it to heat soak from the charger. I do not know if the SVT radiator is any different from my late 98 cougar radiator but I am guessing so. If anyone knows for sure please let me know. I have been thinking of doing a oil cooler but after all of the issues with one on a merkur I own I am second guessing it. Has anyone tried such a thing yet on their forced inducted cat? Other than that after a 200 mile round trip to finish off the break in everything seems to be running good Ill post some numbers next week if i get to the track.

Thanks in advance,
Lar

Please feel free to chime in if you have any advice?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
That's why the ADC turbo kit comes with an intercooler... The bigger radiator is a REALLY GOOD IDEA if you have F/I, since you'll be pumping out gobs more heat when you're on the throttle. A lower T-stat is also recommended (I go with 180, others with 160). However, you cannot escape the fact that the engine compartments of our cars get hot as ballz regardless. So, I would recommend a water injection kit, or see if ADC can fab up an intercooler for your S/C... Can it be done??? I don't know...

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Ran me just over $200 shipped from Bill J...

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Bill Jenkins...I heard he recently moved again, or something of the sort...

I had ordered my SVT rad from him too...Had it in like 2-3days

Didn't buckshot modify an aftercooler for the Vortec setup, or was it a Water/Air IC. I don't remember...it was gonna be a pricey addition nonetheless.

What about one of those Cry02 kits from DEI...Do they actually work? If they do, it's an inexpensive option to cool intake temps especially in traffic...Not sure if it'll work any better, worse, or equivalent to water/alky injection...

Good luck with that anyhow...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have spent a while thinking on the issue and seems to me a cold air intake into the fender and a reflash of my ecu to change my fan temp on/off switch would work the best. Or rather would be the cheapest solution and keep me from splicing more wires have to pull replace the radiator. The aftercooler is far to expensive and I already have w/i for high rpm cooling but that doesn't help me in high heat of slow driving traffic.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I havent had any problems with overheating and I have my ac on all the time in blazing hot weather. Both yur fans r coming on when u turn yur ac on right? Do they shift to high speed when the temp goes higher ? When I put my kit on,I thought I may have a problem with that,but actaully It runs the same temps as it was stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.