New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does this mean? lol

its a 2001 limited edition Zn
and part of the description said "*Super charger on hood noozle for quick acceleration (ZN models only) "

what in the world is this? I dont think Cougar's come stock with super chargers

(also in the desc. it said 2.5L Duratec V-6 Sports modifications)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Hahah that ad again. Ignore all that dude.
Its a stock V6 Cougar with the ZN package.
Theres no supercharger, no special noozles or noozles on the end of the hooose.

·
is a pop sensation
13,672 Posts
That would be an ad that is full of technical errors.
- No Cougar came from the factory with a s/c
- No Cougar came with a functional hood scoop, they were purely cosmetic and availble on models other than the ZN
- The ZN model was purely cosmetic (17" wheels, hood scoop, zinc yellow paint, different spoiler, and some other minor changes)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Umm they come with everything that Tom said.
They have floor mats with yellow ZN embroidered in them, and ZN emblems on the quarter windows. I'm pretty sure all if not most had Leather seats with a Yellow Cougar Emblem.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Eh, its not too bad. If you don't like it theres plenty of options out there to change it. Roush for instance..:biggrin:

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,812 Posts
Eh, its not too bad. If you don't like it theres plenty of options out there to change it. Roush for instance..:biggrin:
Same piece. No different.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
roush spoilers look good and actually make an effort to flow with the lines of the car. the visteon (which i imagine is what u have) is a little big would look out of place on a stock cougar. but with a few other mods would blend right in

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Same piece. No different.

Naw, the ZN model has the Visteon spoiler.
Roush was on the XR, C2, and 35th.

Edit: the C2 is a toss up. I just took a look at the 2002 Cougar brochure and the C2 also has the Visteon spoiler..
However I have seen them with the Roush..

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,812 Posts
Naw, the ZN model has the Visteon spoiler.
Roush was on the XR, C2, and 35th.
My bad - I thought we were talking about hood scoops... :crazy:

But to add my 2¢ about spoilers, I think the Visteon spoiler looks fine. I prefer the Roush spoiler myself, but I'm a little bit biased.

CARRY ON.

:rofl:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
How much was he/she asking? I tried to look at the ad but it expired.
Although, I'd be iffy about buying from someone who made an ad like that..who knows what he/she has done to it or how they've driven the car.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Run a Carfax on the VIN and if he's close, test drive.
Then if you like it and everything checks out, negotiate.
Better to be safe then sorry.
But I agree, let the person know you're not an idiot and know what they have and talk him down.

Then ask to see their noozle and the supercharger..:rofl:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Hey don't be surprised... I knew a kid around town with an RSX Type S, completely stock. Some kid asked him if it had a turbo so they went out to the car and he pointed to the alternator and said there it is...dead serious. Haha I shook my head and walked away and threw up in my mouth a little.

·
Tornado Alley Moderator
1,067 Posts
asking $7,800 or something
I want to negotiate it down though
but for the KM, I think its ok
Wow....if you were closer to me I would sell you mine for a little more than that and it only has about 47,000 miles on a 2001;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.