New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished my door panels with vinyl inserts and it looks great....after i do the rear panels i was wondering if it was actually possible to recover the sunvisors with the same color vinyl....has anyone ever done this or is it possible???? thanks

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Yes - it is quite easy actually. The sunvisors split in half along the seams. Just look at the seam on the bottom of the visor. I used a small flathead screwdriver to pry it apart. There are little clips and glue that hold it together. After it is apart, just recover normally and glue and snap it back together.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I am probably doin this next weekend and for my door panels i used marina white vinyl and it is holding up pretty good for the 3M spray i used just a few air bubbles....now what i was going to do this time was use contact cement so i could get the best hold possible. quick question(s) after i split the visor apart and recover will the vinyl be too thick for it??? should i just trim it accordingly or does it tuck into the seam of the visor???? 2. what about the mirrors do they pop off or should i recover those as well????? just give a basic how to if you would please thanks

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
the vinyl will not be too thick, and yes make sure you trim it long to fold in the seem its much cleaner that way.

the mirrors pop off, once you split the seam on the visors you can see from the backside how the mirror is attached and how to take it off

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Sunni recovered my visors about a year and a half ago, and after she glued them back together she sewd the. They look REALLY good. You couldn't really tell that they were ever a different fabric.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.