New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my sunroof apart for cleaning and now I am trying to put it back together but the sunroof does not work correctly. The motor only stays in one direction. Could this be a problem with the relay or motor?

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Lol i agree with you on this one haha mine is broke closed and its staying that way all i need to do is take it apart so it wont go shut lol..some advice get it shut and unplug the switch haha

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know what I was thinking. I was possessed but this still doesn't help the problem. Can someone please tell me if the relay is messed up before I go ahead and purchase a new one from the dealership because that s**t is expensive as hell.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New update : I have bypassed the relay and the switch and the motor works fine but when switch and relay is hooked up motor only goes in one direction

·
Registered
21 Posts
Could you tell me what you did to bypass the relay and get it to work? I think my relay is shot and I want to get my sunroof closed. None of the parts stores or online parts web sites have any listing for the relay. There is not a part number on the relay, either. Any help on this is greatly needed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.