New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my question is this...
how the hell do i remove the visors overhead... im changing the color of the roof (inside) and i want to change the color of the visors too... but i cant see any bolts/screws...
so whats the deal? how do i take them off?

thanks to all that can help!

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
If you look at the base of the visor, where the pivot arm is connected to the roof. You can see the lines where the cover is on the base itself. Use a small flat head screwdriver and pop off the cover, this will expose the two screws that hold it in place. The visor clip, near the center of the headliner is just as easy. If you look behind the hook, nearest the windshield. You will see a small square cut out, push that in and pull the whole clip off.

As far as taking the visors apart, that is tough. Imagine a peice of plastic, folded in half. That is basically what the visors are. So you need to pull it apart, but if you have a mirror on the visor, becareful not to shatter it while you are prying the visor apart.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hehe, Fett...
you seem to have become my new best friend on this forum :)

i think i wont try to mess with the actual visors... ill just cover them in this vinal stuff i bought yesterday.

thanks alot for your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts