New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Jocko and I am new here. Currently we are having problems with our 99 Cougars Sunroof. Pam was trying to open the unit while there was snow and ice on the sunroof and I know something got broken. Now when you try to open the roof the passenger side lifts but there is popping sounds and the right side does not move. The vehicle is out of warranty, is this a easy fix?

Thank You

Jocko

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
well, first off welcome!! i think this thread would be better off under problems, but it's ok.

i did a search in the problem section (used search button on the upper right) and i came up with this thread SUNROOF

i hope this helps! :biggrin:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You, you guys (and ladies) are great. I just called my body shop to get pricing on the metal rails. To bad this is not a all out recall, lets save money and use plastic.........

On a off beat note I am a co-founder of a F-Body (camaros and firebirds) Club on the East Coast our web address is www.ctfba.com

Jocko

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the same problem last week. I still have it under warranty, they said a clip had just broken. So it might just be that part. I went to open it' left side stayed down right side went up made some loud clicking noise. But it was fixed in 45 minutes. Bu t good luck!! Danielle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts