New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my new old 1993 Mazda MX6 same engine as cougar. da 2.5 V6 5 speed.im gonna be drivin this in da winter and drivin it out 2 Wyo Tech since im not takin da cougar. it even came with a cd player and k and n filter so im happy! hope u enjoy. feel free 2 ask any ?'s. but i do have a ?. Does any1 have the performance specs on this car, it didnt come with a manual so i have no idea. thanx

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
my friend has one of those, i enjoy driving it as well. very fun to drive. yours looks pretty good. any mods in the future?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
fyi, while the mx-6 has a 2.5L V6, it is not the same engine thats in the cougar...

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
its not a Duratec ... its the jap Probe's motor. It IS 2.5 24v v6 but I think no secondaries, & lower compression.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
It uses a Mazda KL-03 engine.
They use a form a vaccuum secondaries.

Other than displacement, the duratec and the KL share nothing.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when i said same engine, i ust meant it was same liter and cylinder size, thanx for the info. does any1 have the actual performance numbers?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
damn when i think of beaters - i think of a old ass 4 door piece of crap

that MX6 looks to be in great condition - how many miles, how much you paid? (if you dont mind me asking)
i would deff hook up that mazda too bad its your beater

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
umm, it does have high miles, 114400, it was like a lil over 3100 dollars

·
Registered
411 Posts
i used to own a 94 probe as well with the 2.5 v6... havn't modded my cougar much, but the probe still seems like it was faster from the beginning.....i think they're lighter than cougars too.... anyways, nice choice!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
s33mz a bit pricey y0!. but dat iz nice!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
My roommate has basically that exact car. Same year, color, engine, etc...

We've raced a couple times, and the MX6 is maybe a littttle bit quicker off the line. Haven't raced him since I got the Borla though. I'm thinking that would at least pull me even and maybe a bit ahead.

Its a nice car though for sure... yours have leather?

I do find it kinda humorous that you bought that as your beater... :cool:;)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
...dude, are you serious?!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts