New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I guess I was a dummy. I bought an Infinity BassLink subwoofer off ebay thinking my fiancée Rob, who can easily install a stereo, could just as easily install the subwoofer. But this seems to be a whole different can of worms. And I haven't really got the cash to find a professional installer. So I need help! Rob is willing to try but we need some direction, especially on some key issues.
Since the sub needs to be powered directly from the battery, how do we get from the battery, through the car's firewall, back to the trunk where I want it mounted. Wondering if there is a place that's reachable (short of pulling the engine) where the rest of the electrical wiring passes through the firewall. Or is there a better way to go at the electrical situation? Also, it calls for heavy duty attachment to the car -- Where are some good mounting locations? Does it need to be attached to solid locations, like metal? I was aiming for that little corner nook on the driver side trunk area behind the taillights, mounted vertically. I don't want it to block my access to my spare tire and basically keep as much of the trunk space free as possible. And what do you do with all these wires? Help?! :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Try here, for getting through the firewall.

All you need is an amp wire kit from any local audio shop.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I have the basslink and its a awsome little thing. (this is coming from a former competetior) Use Fetty's advice for going through the firewall. I have mine mounted on the drivers side behind the rear wheel well. It will fit but you will only be able to get three screws in. This sounds getto I know but trust me it will hold fine and look good when your done. PM me if you have any questions! Good luck!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm doing the same set-up you have Kinger. And thanks for the tip about leaving off the one bolt, cause I was resigning myself to praying I'd never get a flat and need access to the spare. We have had some terrible problems with the install because we had no assess to a wiring diagram and couldn't find one anywhere to tell us which wire was which, but I've got a MD NECO meet coming up this Sat. and I'm hoping we can get some help there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts