New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i hook subs up to my factory stereo on a 2000 or should i just go get a new CD Player??

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
you can but it's bit more involved cuz there's no where to plug the amp RCA cables into.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you suggest on a good head unit??

Is there any way to do it with factory?? i'm trying to find a way to make it work first

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
if you really must buy a line converter and cut out your rear speakers..(i dont men take them out i just mean cut the wires) hook up the converter extend the rca's to your amp and then run your power wires and run a remote wire off one of the accessory wires off the back of your deck..

now that you have your car appart, wires exposed and head unit out...go buy a new head unit, nice amp and good sub, and then run the wires right since the car is appart anyway..in other words it can be done with factory but if you have to tear the car appart anyway you might as well do it right and get all new good stuff..

clarion and alpine and panasonic make good head units..

·
Registered
954 Posts
A lot of members use Pioneer..I have the higher end by the name of Premier. Has an EQ (Low, Mids, and High) to work with. Enables you to set up the sound how you want to hear it. A lot of companies offer that feature, definitely browse for that...not only will an aftermarket HU offer better looks but more power to your speakers. At Crutchfield.com they will send you the wire harness, installation kit and if you need an antenna adapter they will include that as well for free plus an installation guide so you can do it yourself. For under $200 bucks you cant go wrong, you'll have to do it eventually anyway...do it now....good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.