New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know that this is not a cougar, but what do you think about the install that me and my friend did in my mustang GT? It would be in a cougar, but I killed mine. :( Check the pics out anyway and let me know how you feel about it.

Thanks,
Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
i like the semi-yellow on yellow car look with the trunk open. what kind of subs/amp are they? the pics are kinda small, but i noticed you take much pride in the "GT" embroidering or whatever it is by the number of pics of it. did you put a false floor in or just cut a whole down? looks pretty good for wood/carpet, but ya still cant beat glass!! :banana:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
coyotefreek - there is surprising a good bit of room still, more then I had in my coug with a system.

vhull03 - The amp is an MTX pro and the subs are now pyramid (I blew out one of my JL's in the coug). The amp is mounted in the spare tire well and is boxed in by wood. The GT symbol is just cut out and has the carpeting curved around it with wire mesh behind it.

Thanks for the complements so far,

Scott

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
hmmm not a big fan of it but that is just my opinion...i much prefer glass..otherwise i just think that it looks kinda cheesy...dropping a big box in the trunk and what not atleast you custom worked the cap and amp in ...

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What you see is not "one big box". I had to custom build 2 boxes that are shaped, for lack of a better term, like trapezoids. It gives me a great sound and I feel it is clean looking. Thanks for your opinion though coc.

Scott

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Its definately clean looking, but not the best on the eyes. I tend to agree that glass is much nicer, and even a little plexi mixed in. The GT logo came out good, tho. I know whatcha mean by building funny shapes for the 'stang, since I built a box for my old 5.0 years ago, and fitting anything back in those little trunks are a pain. I just really don't like to work with stock looking carpet. If I'm doing a custom install, it should look custom...

E1

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just really don't like to work with stock looking carpet. If I'm doing a custom install, it should look custom...
Well, it is still custom, just the easier way out. The only way that I coulda worked plexi in near the subs would be to have the front of the box made out of it. Thanks for your opinions tho.

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts