New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. It's becoming more recent now. My 6 disk changer keeps jamming, it doesn't really matter if it's hot or cold. I try to eject a cd and it gets like halfway and stops. Than it won't let me do anything at all except listen to the radio. The only way I've figured out how to fix it is either keep pressing eject, or wait a few minutes and than try. Anyone else have this problem.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
yea, i usually have to give it a lil "nudge" on the side and it pops right out. my 6-disc is only a 5-disc now tho... damn thing :kick: so therefore im workin on gettin a new one.

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
My stock in dash one did that as well. I had to wait three months before another one came. It was replaced under warranty due to an internal error in the radio!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yup, there is a problem with these factory units. It's been talked about before.

Here's one of the other threads where these have been talked about.

Linky

or you could try search.

Mine's been replaced already under warranty something about a short or something. They sent it to see if it could be repaired, but it couldn't. So I got a new one. After a week it started doing the same thing again. I just hit the side of the center console when the changer is trying to eject a cd.

The weird thing mine does also is the volume knob is screwy. Sometimes when I try to lower the volume it actually raises it!!!!! It scared the hell out of me the first time it did this because the volume was already set high and when I tried to lower it, it went full blast!!

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's cool. Least I'm not the only one. Actually it does get pretty hot sometimes, but what they said about custom cds is stupid. It doesn't matter if it's real or not, if it don't feel like working it won't. I'm still keeping it though, at least until my warranty's almost gone. I like the six disk, was talking to a guy at best buy and told me it would be stupid to replace it. He just mentioned buying some new 6x8's and than throwing in an amp. The stock speakers don't even sound that bad though so I'll think I''ll wait.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts