New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my strut tower bar tonight. I got it from Freedom Design, which is sold by A&A autoparts ($78+tax). I need to know how to put it on and how much time is involved. If anyone has step by step pics that would be a plus. Thanks for any help.:confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Freedom Design is similar to the OMP bar as far as the ends and the way they get mounted. What I need to see/know is what do I have to do as far as nuts and tightening things from up under the tire well? Do I have to take the shocks and struts out or is their an easier way to do this? Maybe there is something that I'm not completely understanding. Thanks.:confused:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
are you sure you didnt get a "sway bar"?, beacause that is was goes under the car. what i linked you too goes from the strut tower to the other strut tower, it goes right under the hood in the back of the engine bay. here is a pic of what it should look like[L=here is what a strut bar installed looks like [img]http://www.fastcougar.com/forums/attachments/omppaintedengine2%2Ejpg[/img]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, it's definitely a strut tower bar. I need to know how to get up under the wheel well to tighten the nuts to hold it on. Thanks, Brad.

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
STB's without self-tapping bolts that require the use of a nut are kind of a pain. Basically you have to remove your front wheels, and you can TRY to put on the nuts without removing the struts and springs, but I'm not sure. It'll be a tight fit, and you'll hate every minute of it, I'm sure. ;) Wish I could offer better advice. ;)

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
THat seems really odd that they would pull that stunt on you, give you a nut and bolt to get to from up under the tower. It would be a full day project most likely, I was really considering the Freedom Design one untill you say something about nuts and bolts cuz I am not taking off the wheel/strut etc.. what a pain. There are a few people on here that have the FD one, I think a guy named "lucky" has one, might wanna PM him and see how he installed his, but I can't imagine they would make you take all that stuff off just to tighten it on, really dumb.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The stut tower bar itself is really nice, billet look with red mounts. You have to drill a hole 3/8" dia. and then there is a compression fitting that you insert into the hole. When you tighten the bolt down into this fitting it expands. I found the info last night. I'm going to put it on this coming Saturday, after that I will let you guys know how I like it and how much of a pain in the a$$ it was to install. Thanks for all the help.

Brad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts