New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS their an easy way to do it or no? To long to explain how I did mine. Took an hour or two.
Please reply liked to know.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a 99. Had to take out headlight and couldn't drill anywhere pain in the but. Figured it out though just wondering if their is an easier way.

·
Registered
275 Posts
To be honest, I haven't seen a '99-'00 with strobes yet. How do they look¿ I would like to know where you put them because I have a '00.

Pics....Pics!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They look great...have to take out headlight and the little plastic piece pops out but into the headlight itself. Try and get pics if i can find camera.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i just put red and bule strobs in mine had 2 small holes already there in my 99 looks good i go get some pics of it

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just wondering, did you have a little plastic piece in the headlight that you popt out? Because I did and that's where I ended up placing mine. Just wonderin if their was an easier way.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i had a plastic piec that i had to move to get to the bulbs and there is a small hole that looks ilike a light would go there i stuck mine in there and made a slit in the plastic so it would shut it was not hard

·
Registered
312 Posts
What kind of strobes did you guys get? I wanna get some, but I want ones you can see during the day too, like the police ones, but also not too pricey. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mine are OPTX strobes and they cost me around 25$ not bad...I had the same thing. Took me and a buddy an hour to figure out how to do it.

Later

G

·
Originally posted by: Prez
n00b question here;

What the heck are strobes?
Little lights that flash, you tend to see the bigger ones on police cars and in clubs/bars :cover: They make them for cars, with little "condoms" you can put over them to change the colors and stuff. They just kinda flash... that's about all...

G

·
I found the perfect spot for strobes in the 99-00. Behind the smaller grill with the emblem there are two holes in which the strobe lights fit right into. You cant see the strobes during the day and they are bright at night

·
Registered
116 Posts
bleh what kinda strobes do you use? i bought some at pep boys and i installed them into where my high beams cause i dont use them that much and i melted the friggin wires the one time i turned my high beams on for 10 seconds =(

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Just thought I'd add my two cents... I've got a 2001, so the lights/grill are a bit different, but the strobes can still be installed in less than an hour. You have to drill into the light on an angle, so that it lines up with the half moon cut out that currently exists on the inside. I used the StreetGlow Optix Headlight Strobes (in Blue, of course :)) and it looks great...

Wasn't sure if anyone with an 01+ was looking... when it comes to the front end on our cars, we seem to get neglected around here :grouphug:

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Originally posted by: Sas
They make them for cars, with little "condoms" you can put over them to change the colors and stuff. They just kinda flash... that's about all...
hahahaha like little condoms... i gotta remember that one

1 - 19 of 19 Posts