New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Viper alarm and I was wondering if there would be a way to hook up strobes to it? I was hoping I could hook it up so that whenever the alarm goes off, strobes in the headlights and maybe underneath the car would flash also. Is this possible? Does anyone know the Viper system well enough to know what wires I'd have to hook it up to?

·
Registered
346 Posts
It can be done which wire i do not know but it can be done

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think in the "mini-light" mod, you can hook it up to an alarm, you can also change the color of the bulb i think

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I worked for Circuit City for a while and before I worked there I was a customer and I got the Viper 800 installed. You should be able to hook up the wires by entending them from the brain out into the engine bay, solder the wires together making sure you have a permanent connection(meaning solder the viper wires to extra wire), then connect the wire that makes your lights flash to a strobe control module instead of the headlight wires in the dash. I tried to make as much sense as possible. You might even be able to use one of your extra outputs on the viper and have it programed to send voltage through the extra port when your alarm goes off.(Depending on the model) The dude who did mine had been installing for 15 yrs and he used a Bitwriter(made by DEI) to program my brain. And if worse comes to worst you could always take it to a Circuit City and have them do the install for you.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
"And if worse comes to worst you could always take it to a Circuit City and have them do the install for you."

Or you could take your alarm out and smash it with a hammer.

Sorry, I have had a few bad experiences with Circuit City....no offense.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hehehe well if they got their MECP they should....SHOULD be good installers... hehehe but no offense taken. Our Circuit City is awesome tho. Very nice custom work done there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, it's kinda hit or miss w/ this particular Circuit City. I brought my alarm in to be fixed b/c it's sensor was VERY weak and didn't go off when my car got hit while it was parked!
Anyway, they replaced the sensor for free. That was good. Later, I got new speakers put in and they F-ed up just about everything. That was bad. So I don't know.

Gxoboy-
About hooking it up myself, are the outgoing ports from the brain marked to show where the wires are going? If not, I'm assuming it's in the installation instructions, right? (not sure if I still have them though). Another question, when the alarm is set off, the brain sends pulsating power to the front and rear lights so they flash. If that's true, then theoretically (if I hook the strobes up to the wires going to the parking lights) it'll send pulsating power to the strobes. How will that work when the strobes have their own brain that is usually set up to a constant power source (like the battery) instead of a pulsating power source? (does that make sense??) I'm assuming it will basically work like this (while the alarm is going off): During the time power is going to the parking lights, the strobes will be flashing (at whatever speed I set it at); When the power isn't going to the parking lights, the strobes won't be on.

I'm not sure whether I want the strobes to be flashing constantly or periodically like the parking lights. This probably doesn't make much sense, but I KNOW what I'm trying to say!!!
Any input would appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.