New Cougar Forum banner

stretch SUV with neons!

616 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Q4kntmare 
#1 ·
I went to Dunkin Donuts tonight, and in the parking lot was one of those stretch SUVs, I think it was either a Lincoln or a Ford. Anyway, the driver comes out of DD, gets in the stretch, and turns on all his fancy lights. He had those white lights along the side of the vehicle, then, in the interior all the way in the back, he had these two huge blue lightning neon tubes vertically placed on both sides. I've seen these things at a car show once accenting a sound system, but I've never seen them for sale anywhere..they're really long and fat. What's the deal with that? Limos can have tints AND neons and not get in trouble with the cops (especially in NJ)...that's not fair man.

Mike

#2 ·
Those tubes are sometimes called Lighting Tubes, or Plasma Tubes.
My uncle has 2 Caddy Hearse limo's, used and abused, hauled many a casket, ones late 70's, other late 80's. Both have plasma tubes in all the windows, undercar black lights, fog machines blowing out side vents and under door's, chrome 19" wheels, sound systems from hell , and many other toys.......never has he ever gotten a ticket or any problems because they are converted into limo's.
Must be some unwritten law that limo's can have all the fun....maybe someone should build a stretch cougar...

#5 ·
Originally posted by: topgunz1
I rode in a stretched expedition that had fiber optic lights coming out all over the ceiling that swept through the color spectrum, I'd like to see a show car with something like that, it was awesome!
That type of lighting is HELL! Especially if you want the lights to actually sweep and not be just random spots. A fiber-optic color wheel and maybe 6 different strands of 100 leads...and maybe it might work right, I went through quite a bit of mess with that stuff.
Still cool though!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.