New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is a question for those of you that have street weapon front and made your own grills. I asked and everyone told me to go to home depot. I looked there in the chicken wire section. All the had was 1/4,1/2,1,2,3,inch squares or a hex pattern but the smallest hex patttern they had was 2 inch hexes.which look way too big and exteremly thin i might add. I am looking for a simalar style to the wings west grill insert
i have seen some pics of the sw bumper of the grils on the side near the fender and i would like to get ones that match that like a 1/2 or 1/4 in hex pattern where the wire is actually thick. So if any of you could tell me the name of the product you used or where you got it it would be greatly aprriceated. if you have done it yourself some pics would be great if its not to much trouble.I have seen the grill/material i want which looks similar to the ones that it comes with but it was like 100 for a peice 18in x 4ft. at a local speed shop thats a little rediculs i think
again any help would be great

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hey pika

I too went to home depot and i found the grill but it wasnt thick enough for my taste though. However i did find a really thick grill for a bbq grill but it was about 2 inches to short.

This is driving me crazy... iam desperatly looking for some grill materials. So if anyone knows please let us know.

G

·
i just got guter guard from Home Depot, it's ok..but i know what u mean about being thicker and stuff...for the time being it's ok....

·
Registered
346 Posts
In home Depot they have a product near the lumber that is usally ment for putting under tiles and filling it with grout. It is smilar to guttar gaurd but ALOT bigger and thicker. It comes in Sheets that are abour 2'x 8' and it only costs $4.05 with tax. iill take some pics of it.

Later

·
Registered
408 Posts
I found the gutter guard in home depot. It took me a few hours to do but it turned out decent. My hands on the other hand where a little worse for wear after it was done. I put it on last fall and it's been thru snow and salt and still looks the same as it did when I installed it. If you want to see what it looks like go to my web page and check it out. I'll be posting some new pics in probably a week or so.

My web page - http:/blake.prohosting.com/cougarsc

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok 1st thanks to everyone, I went to home depot and looked at the stuff for under the tile its to big,I finnaly found the gutter guards the pattern and size are what im lokking for (it could be a little thicker though) but it only comes in 5in x 4ft peices. If i could just find a peice of that material in a 2ft x 5 ft peice so i could do the entire thing i would be so happy

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok ok ok i found it , took a while though it looks like gutter guards but twice as thick, and the holes are aprox. twice as big also . I found it at home depot by the big gallons of drywall mud the tag said it was
2.5 galvanized stucco mesh. its 2.97 for a 2ft x 8ft peice i am so happy hope
all of you find it

·
Registered
408 Posts
Take some pics when you get it done and lets see how it turns out.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Either silver with a clearcoat over it or Black to match the trim on the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.