New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any street signs that just irritate the hell out of you, or you just dont think make any sense at all? Like for instance, Wait For Green, what is that supposed to mean? I mean arent you always supposed to wait for green, they should have one of these at every light, i guess if they dont that means you can go on red. I think it just means no turn on red for dummies. Or how about No Littering, fine up to $300, are there places that you are allowed to litter, like if there is no sign you can just throw trash all over the place. One of my favorites is Drug Free School Zone, meaning there are schools out there where you can just bring all your drugs and its alright? I was just bored and figured id post something, feel free to add any signs that annoy you, besides speed limit signs ;)

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
I like this one I saw down in Jersey, after you leave the parkway or maybe turnpike says something to the effect:

"Now Exiting Parkway, Please obey local traffic laws"

Oh you mean when I was on the parkway I wasn't obeying? hehe...

G

·
"Drug Free School Zone" I wonder how many are actually "Drug Free"?

I also remember signs on the PA Turnpike warning you how much it was for speeding, I was thinking, "I can afford that".

"Speed Limit" signs. I like to refer to them as, "Posted Suggested Recommending Speed Limit Signs". I have also found I can just about double the sign and still feel comfort driving around turns. So what is it the limit of? My car, the road, some old guy in a Model T?!?!?

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
actually one sign (actually 3 total) reads "no sign posting" on a little traffic island near me.

·
NECO Triathlete
969 Posts
I always liked the "Slow Kids" sign.

When I see it I always look for kids moving in slow motion.

One time I saw that sign and someone spray painted the word "Fat" in the middle.....so it read, "Slow FAT Kids"

I was laughing so hard I had to pull the car over. :rofl:

·
Registered
125 Posts
On route 309 in Montgomeryville they have these semi-large yellow signs that say various things:

"Targeted Enforcement Area" great so there's no cops anywhere else? sweeeeet

"Beware of Drunk Drivers"
"Aggressive Driver Zone" these guys only drive on route 309 apparently?

"Slow Down, Save a Life" well if you're stupid enough to try and cross 309, you deserve to die.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by: RedBaron1
One time I saw that sign and someone spray painted the word "Fat" in the middle.....so it read, "Slow FAT Kids"
Some intelligent person with a can of white spray paint turned a "Do Not Pass" sign near me into "Do No Ass".

A couple streets in my neighborhood have signs posted that say "Speed Watch Zone", I usually floor it and think to myself watch me speed in your zone. How about "Deer Crossing", some of them say next 1 mile. So is that the only place a deer will cross is within the next mile, are there deer 2 miles down thinking man i cant believe we have another mile to go until we can cross?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
i personally always loved the "bridge may be icy" in the middle of summer. also, watch out for "blind kid area" god knows he may be p[layingoutside and decide to run into the street. the "slow kids playing" kinda reminds me of keystone football, well me at keystone football anyways...hehe

·
Registered
198 Posts
lol.... I LOVE :kiss: 309!!! Best speeding road EVER!

·
Registered
558 Posts
i live in lancaster county, surrounded by amish and their buggies. my favorite sign has to be "keep pennsylvania clean" posted right next to a huge steaming pile of horse sh|t. :rofl:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts