New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going back home to Kuwait for the summer, April-August. I was thinking of selling my Cougar before I left but I just couldn't part with my *****. So i'll be leaving it here, parked in the shaded car parking of my apartment complex, for the next four months. I will put a car cover on it but I haven't decided which car cover to go with. Can u guys help me out and give me some tips on storing cars for long periods of time. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
leave a window cracked and put a box of open arm & hammer baking soda in the car...it'll reduce the chance of mold forming.

Also you might want to change any fluids that are old, and don't leave too much gas in the car, often people like to leave it empty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the tips guys.

Yes there is a flight problem but that is because no one wants to fly to that part of the world right now. I do have a confirmation but the airline is not sure whether they will fly that day or not...not enough passengers. I will know for sure next week.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to everyone for their help, and FastCougar if u had lived closer i might have dropped it off at ur place. Thanks to frenchblueC2 for pointing me to the CEG boards. Got lots of information from there. Here is what i might have to do:

- Change oil for sure to remove acids which can corrode (some recommend doing it before and after)
- Wash and wax car
- Get a cover for your car and cover it.
- Fill tank full and put fuel stabilizer in it
- Disconnect Battery
- Get Jack stands or increase the tire pressure to about 40 or 50 psi.
- Put steel wool in exhaust pipes and possibly intake to keep out curious crawlers!
- Mothball trunk, passenger compartment and underhood. Use Perc vs. Napthlene mothballs, as they air out easier.
- Leave a window cracked and put a box of open arm & hammer baking soda in the car...it'll reduce the chance of mold forming.

Someone at the CEG boards recommended using a blend of cinnamon and cloves to repel mice :shrug:

I think this a good wealth of info and can the mods please move this to the car care section for future reference. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Someone at the CEG boards recommended using a blend of cinnamon and cloves to repel mice
I wouldn't count on it..

get yourself a ultrasonic mouse repeller.. it puts off a frequency only mice can hear.. and it drives em nuts.. they won't go anywhere near it..

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I remember seeing cinnamon and cloves being debated once.
Some people didn't have good luck with it.

It is also recommended that you roll the car once and a while. Perhaps someone you know could do that for you.
I haven't read up much on whether "flat spots" are a myth or not, but as a precaution this past winter, I rolled my car once a month to a different spot on the long boards it's sitting on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.