New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to work this morning and beside me was a brand new Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally Edition. He still had the sticker in the window, so I'm pretty positive he was completely stock. We were playing around with eachother for like a mile... When we were lucky enough to end up at a stoplight together. We both new it was on. He took me off the line by about 1/2 car length... But by the time the race was over I could see his whole car in my rearview mirror! I must have had him by about 2 car lengths! I'm so happy!!!!! My little ATX can hold it's own!

N

·
0 Posts
try racing one on the highway! theyre even slower! its almost like they are in reverse :rofl: yay for the ATX owners!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
don't those things have like, 125 horsepower?

Mike
Oooo... I just looked it up and couldn't find the HP, but the 5 Speed is 16.8 in the 1/4 mile... no wonder I crushed him! I thought that these were supposed to be quick! My mistake! I also beat a 1986 grand am once... I'm screaming fast - watch out! :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
k I found some stats:

2003 O-Z Rally Lancer, 5-speed manual:
Curb Weight: 2701 lbs
Acceleration (0-60 mph): 9.5 sec.
Horsepower: 120 hp
Torque: 130 ft-lbs.

Mike

A

·
0 Posts
with stats like that on the lancer, it would make for an interesting race with an I4 coug!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I even beat one of those, they be slow and ridin dirty on those 14" o.z rims.....oh yeah. I test drove one and tried to stomp the gas, damn if it said "hell no, we dont go".

·
5,052 Posts
yup, about much performance was added to the OZ edition as was added to the Zn Cougar... ;)
Nowline up against a Lancer Evo... hehe its just fun to see a car go that fast..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts