New Cougar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah yeah yeah stereo, player, head unit, whatever, you know what I mean. I keep finding this incredibly annoying and I just realized that it might not be something that's supposed to be happening. I can't see what the hell I'm doing to change songs and radio stations and stuff at night because it's completely dark. Are the buttons supposed to light up? All the rest of my dash and important buttons light up but not the ones on the stereo. If the lovely engineers seriously did think that not being able to see any of the buttons at night was a fantastic idea, I'm totally embedding 18° focused white LEDs into the center console on a switch.

·
Tornado Alley Moderator
1,067 Posts
are all of the other gauges lit up bright?? if not I think I remember that the radio lights are on a type of dimmer switch that also dims all f the gauges.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you try pressing the track seek button totally blind. It's got an identical one on top and bottom of it within like 1 mm lol. I keep switching it to AM instead of go to next track lol. But yeah when I first bought it I was like WTF cuz the whole dash was dark but then I found the dimmer and cranked it up so now everything's lit up but all the stereo controls. So you're saying that's abnormal then?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Desolator144.:wave: Yes, it is abnormal. On a stock stereo unit, the buttons should light up when your headlights or parking lights are switched on.

Good luck.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
good luck is right. Now I gotta take that ***** apart :( :cry: I hope it's just like one bulb that backlights the entire thing that I have to replace but it's probably some whole big thing. Oh well, I've repaired worse electrical devices (the toaster oven of doom!)

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
The question has been answered so before this thread goes where I know it's headed, el lockomundo :)
:rofl: Had to sneak it in didnt ya wade? :cool:

Anyway, this has been answered before, many times in fact, I can think of one post right off the top of my head by drewmanfu in which he dissassembled a stockish radio and put bluish purple leds to illumnate the whole faceplate. See here

SEARCH!

:lock:

-Side note, if you have so much more fun on your other forum, please feel free to stay there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.