New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to take out my factory cd player so i can paint my dash but when i asked the guy at the dealership to pop it out he said that he could take it out for me but when you put it back in, it requires a code to make it work and if i dont have the code it will not work any more. does anyone else know of this? he said the code is in the owners manual but i couldnt find it. does anyone have any info that could help me out. is there really a code? ive never heard of this befor... please help me out neco thanx

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for clearing this up, so far everone ive talked to said that they've taken out their radio over and over again and they have never had to input any codes. to hell with the dealership lol... no radio removal, no hood scoop... damnit man

G

·
Why is it that not only do the dealer ships no less about the cougar then a 75 year old lady ,but they also act like they cant do **** for our cars. (paint tail light covers,oreder hood scoop)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the hood scoops arent available from the ford outlet anymore and ive had my hood scoop ordered from the mecury dealership here for the past 2 months and they still dont know anything about it and ie'll probably never get it from them, so i just ordered a scoop from chromacougar, it was a little bit more but i dont care plus his will come with a template and hardware!

·
Registered
33 Posts
sounds like a real goober at the Dealership. Did he forget that it probably doesn't need an anti-theft code since Ford put that doofus little removeable face plate on it for anti-theft? I'm sure everyone carries it around. :biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.