New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't get my magazine out, and my stock deck isn't hooked up anymore, so is there any way to get it out?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
will it read/play cd's? i had the same problem, kinda wierd, it didnt work for a few weeks, no it works fine (except i no longer have a 6-disc bc slot 4 doesnt work now)

·
Administrator
11,556 Posts
My Kenwood changer did that as well. I had sent it out twice under warranty. It happened again about 1 month out of warranty so I just kept hitting EJECT and gave it a good slap on the top.

Magazine popped out the first try. You'll just need to find a way to hook up your stock one temporary to try it.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The stock deck has been removed to make way for my Alpine, so there's no power going to the deck. I forgot it in there. Whoops.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
oh, well yea, kinda hard to eject cd's without power........ only way to do it is to power it back up. i tried gettin cds out of mine when it died for a time without power, got one out after about an hour and a demolished cd.

and it's not really a magazine in there either, more like some teeny pieces of plastic floating around with holes for the laser/spinning mechs. great idea for a compact changer, but very cheaply made.

but all in all, you either: power the unit back up and pop em out, demolish the whole thing for a few cd's, or get rid of the unit and give someone a few cd's.

·
Registered
904 Posts
My stock 6cd changer does that too every once in a while.
It's always the second or third slot as well.

I've just used another cd or credit card to push the cd that won't eject back in and
then try again. It usually works on the second try.

You can eject cd's when the car is turned off as well by just hitting eject.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts