New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car ate one of my cd's tonight (one of my new ones that I got for christmas :( ). I tried to eject it but nothing happened for a couple seconds then it displayed CD ERROR. Now its not even showing that it has a cd loaded into it but shows the CD ERROR whenever i try to eject or load a new cd. Is this a common problem with the 6 disc changer?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yup, I think so at least. But then again, maybe we're the only two. I've already had mine replaced (under warranty). It would do the exact same thing. And guess what, my NEW one is doing the exact same thing. They are peices of ........ The best thing about them (besides being 6 disc in-dash changer) is the fact that they have a built in compressor, which surprised the hell outta me. But I believe the retail on one of these bad boys is in the hundreds of dollars. I think somewhere between 3 & 5 hundred!!

Does the little door open when you try to eject a cd? If it does open but nothing comes out, I've found that if you hit the right side of the console on the right side of the cd player that should help eject the disc.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Want a Solution?

1)Get the keys you need to remove the stock cd player, rip the b*tch out, tear it apart, find your cd.

2?Replace w/ aftermarket HU

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, the cd ejected today when I started up my car. Maybe it was just overheating or something the other night, I had it playing kinda loud for a while. And yeah, when it happened the little door was open but nothing came out, I'll try banging on the right side if this happens again.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This happens to me all the time. Now i keep a little swiss army knife in the car and i poke the CD until it comes loose. About 2 weeks ago I accutally recieved a flyer in the mail from Ford telling people not to put custom burned cds in the player because of this very problem. They also mentioned try writing on the CD with a sharpie marker or some other felt tip pen so the rollers catch the CD to push it out...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yea these suck. Mine isn't prejudice it won't eject any kind of cd, whether it be burned or original.

I scratched up a couple of new cd's a couple of weeks ago trying to get each one out with a key. Trust me banging on the passenger side of the console works much better.

Another thing mine does now is the volume knob flips out.

When I try to lower the volume it'll actually raise it! Scared the hell out of me one time.

It seems to do this when the unit is cold. Almost always when I first start up the car, or when the car has had a chance to cool down.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
hrmmm. 90% of my cd's are all cd-r burns and i have no problems with my 6in dash.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Want a way to keep the stock and get your cd out...the rollers that spin the cd out are probably dirty...grab another cd...slid it in while it is trying to eject the "stuck" cd. Slid the one in your hand on top of the stuck cd...put some GENTLE pressure down and BAM you got your cd...When I eject all of my cds 1 of the 6 at least gets stuck. This sounds weird but it depends on the weather...if the weather is just right it is fine...if the radio gets too hot all bets are off...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, so ive read all these problems with the CD player... I have the same problems.. Earlier this week I was trying to get a disc out... Well got the disc out, and now it shows all slots full, will not eject anything, the door will not close, and I cant listen to CD's.. Any suggestions besides throwing the thing across the driveway?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts