New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a bone stock 2002 Mercury Cougar C2. Its a 2.5 V6 with an automatic transaxle(only downside.) I really want to beef up the performance without braking my poor high school student bank. Ive been looking at cold air/ram air intakes but dont know which to pick. I also really want to do and aftermarket exhaust system, preferably with duals....Im completelly open to suggestions and if you could include ballpark prices, that would be awesome...I have a few pics on here and you can also see me ride on cardoman- http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3303835

Thanks for your time,

ERIC

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Look around a bit and you will find stuff you can do. A few of the cheaper things is:
Optimize throttle body -free for the most part
Optimize yipe (HUGE restriction on these cars) - $75 for a shop to do it.

·
Administrator
24,344 Posts
Forget the engine, since you have an automatic. Work on the suspension. You can get HUGE improvements, by comparison, for less money than you can with engine mods.

·
1,600 Posts
If you want to do some minor engine upgrades, you could:

-Put an SVT upper intake manifold and throttle body on the car along with an intake, either short ram or cold air, which ever one you want...

and what Bennet said....Suspension Mods!

Look in the 2.5 section on the boards and read the stickies at the top, their really informative and will help you out a lot!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where can i find the svt parts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you want to do some minor engine upgrades, you could:

-Put an SVT upper intake manifold and throttle body on the car along with an intake, either short ram or cold air, which ever one you want...

and what Bennet said....Suspension Mods!

Look in the 2.5 section on the boards and read the stickies at the top, their really informative and will help you out a lot!
Where can you buy a cold air intake, i dont want a short ram, i was trying to get a cold air, where can you buy one?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Here: Cold-Air System V6 Duratecs

Currently, this is the only "new" CAI for our cars. GMK used to make his own awhile back, as did Custom Cougar/Promotion Tuning.

The Nautilus requires some modification to the inner fender wall for it to pass through the opening for the stock air box, snorkel tube.

·
1,600 Posts
Also, Nautilus cold air intake is an extension...so you still need a SRI for the piping coming off the manifold..or piece your own together.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts