New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cougar has come along way since I've been on here and updated my old thread lol. Still racing it. Broke the coilovers beginning of the year. So I missed most of the season.
not sure where I left off on the forum. but its on full hiem rear suspension now. With camber adjustment. Full solid front too. Custom front and rear LCAs. Running 13" front wilwood brakes. And the 11" rear. did alot of weight reduction. And alot of aero now. The front is quick release to be able to get it off the trailer quick. Made 2 separate quick duck bill wings. One for track one for autox. Thats til I buy an actual wing that generates alot of downforce. Lol.
Built stainless side exit exhaust also. Most for weight savings and also a 15lbs battery.
Im probably forgetting stuff, but its also 2am and not functioning 100% lol. But I got 1st place in autox my class in 2019. So that's a plus!
View attachment 80989

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Only non solid mounts left on the car are poly motor mounts, and swar bar bushings. All the rear knuckle bushings are solid and also the trailing arms were modified. Here are some better pics. Not sure what has or hasent been posted as I post most of my stuff on Instagram now

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Glad to see somebody finally fabbed a rear control arm. Where does the endlink connect at? Did you bolt it to the strut?

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it bolts to the rear strut now. Only place I could mount it but its works perfectly

And thanks Wade.

·
Administrator
24,460 Posts
So the rear camber adjusts just by the length of the control arms? No adjustment at the top, right?

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep. It works decent. Just tedious to get it perfect with the toe arms since they go hand in hand a bit.
Also I might revise them and instead of long tubes use 2 small ones and use and adjuster sleeve in the center. That would make alignments quicker

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep. Actually lucky we got those. It made it super easy. Buuuutt. I broke my koni struts, so I will be going with D2 coils and I'll have to redesign it. Not sure where they'll mount yet

·
Administrator
24,460 Posts
The KSport front coils I have now use a threaded sleeve with a bracket on the side where the links connect. No reason why something like that won't work on the rear, too. Totally adjustable.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The strut housing where it going into the knuckle. This is the second time the housing is breaking. Now its leaking oil litterally out of the bend. Assuking there's a hairline crack there.

The D2 coils use that too on the fronts. So I might buy another adjuster for the rear. But I have to run my eibach springs so I will have to machine some pieces to get them to work

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These are the D2s. They have a very strong sleeve in bottom for ride height adjustment. I'll probably go with these since BC won't reply to me.
pic is from a local cougar owner building his.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
That's an unusual failure.
Did you do anything at the top strut mount to allow for the camber changes?
You might need to add some flexibility up there.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes. Prt camber adapters with s13 camber plates.
Like I said the car is solid lol
Actually thinking of doing something like that in the rear since its factory strut mount

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Yeah, that's what I meant was the rear. I was pretty sure you had camber plates in the front.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the front cracked. not the rears. i just need different coils. the konis are just too thin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts