New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
It's not bad. Drop the back 2 subframe bolts and let it droop. Don't forget to take the u-joint lose inside first. You can reach everything from there.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
I would personally drop the entire subframe. But yea under the steering column take off the 10mm bolt that holds the shaft to the rack adapter. Take off bottom bolts on sway bar eblinks. Both lower control arm ball joints. 2 bolts from bottom of subframe on front roll restrictor. And in the rear one I think u only need to take out the center bolt. Oh yea y pipe also in the way so I guess if your dont wanna drop the subframe completely it might just rest on the y-pipe.
It's pretty simple. Once u drop it a bit get in there with a wrench and take the lines off the rack. Sometimes I drain the fluid first from the from PS cooler so the whole job is alot less messy.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
get ready to cut a hole in the floor pan to hold the nuts that are going to break free.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This title has no title

It's a uni-body Beans. There's bigger holes than that in it already, not to mention you don't need to go through the passenger compartment and, you can manipulate everything in one shot...including lubrication.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts