New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
it's kinda funny, i was working on a 2000 Aston Martin DB7 at my shop a couple months ago and recognized that the power window switches, lock switch, mirror switch and over head dome light were all out of a 99+ cougar. Kinda funny for a car that was $130+ new they couldn't come up with their own parts, Ford owned or not.

·
Registered
865 Posts
And look down by the shift boot...another switch like ours in the coug's...

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
If it is the same size and will fill the hole then you could cut the wires and get it to work even if the power clip isn't the same. Measure the size first.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
EBAY Item #1221342945

Up for grabs are a set of Aston Martin DB7 switches modified to fit a 99-02 Mercury Cougar. Act quick and I'll even throw in a modified overhead consoled light from a DB7! Reserve starts at $278.76!!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Well, it came in today!! :biggrin:

Needs a little polishing, but it fit fairly well...

The part for the button needs to be pushed on pretty hard, so it isn't coming off!! :) and the bezel is supposed to have a bit of silicone to help adhere it to the plastic, but I had to slightly sand down the outer edge of the black plastic so the aluminum bezel would fit perfectly over it... Pics are from my phone, so not very good, but I just got a brand new camera today, so i'll take them again at some point...

Funny thing is I received a set of 2 of these, instead of the one I paid for!! Now i have one for the Cougar and one for the SVT Contour!! :biggrin:

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.