New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is taken from NewCougar.org & may be revised sometime in the future. For now, all Chapter requests & inquirys should be posted here.

Here are the basic requirements and benefits of starting a local chapter.

Basic Requirements

· All members of the local chapter must owner a Cougar!
· All members must be registered on NECO.
· Expect to dedicate and commit a fair amount of personal time to the club effort, both on a local and a national level.
· The core group of the local chapter must have at least 3 members.
· Have quarterly organized local meetings with at least 5 other members that have the same level of commitment to the car and the club as you.
· Be actively involved with the NECO resources i.e. message board, mailing list and information gathering.
· Have the ability (or someone in your club) to create and maintain a local chapter website.

Basic benefits of starting a local NECO chapter
· Access to the NECO international resources and being recognized as a support chapter.
· You will be provided the ability to add, modify and remove local club members from the national registry.
· Fellowship with people with great taste in cars.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I live in WV, where unfortunately we have no NECO, but i know of at least 10-15 cougars in the area that are either already tricked out or on there way to being so, any info on starting up a WV chapter would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
11,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you want to start a Chapter the basic info is up there. Just create a new post with the title of your chapter and have the owners you've seen join the board & post in your chapter thread here.

When you have enough members to start a chapter, you can then appoint someone to be the Chapter President. They basicly organize meets & events for your chapter (with everyones input of course). Once you have that done, let me know & I'll create the section.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I would like to start an Arizona chapter b/c of the distance problem with SoCal. I know of atleast 3 people but 2 are in the service and can potentially be deployed for 6 months to 1 year. How will this be able to work? AZ needs a chapter!!!

G

·
Id like to get an Arkansas chapter up and runnin, I could even pull from the po-dunk states of Tenn and Oklahoma. (which is only 2 hours in either direction) There are a TON of cougars, all year models, out here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.