New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I installed the ST200 wheels with some Conti extreme contacts on what was this morning a 100% stock 99. What's next?

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'd say next you should lower it and get rid of the orange side markers, and then either a body kit or performance, depends on which route you want to go with your car.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about lowering the car. This is my daily driver and I need to drive in the snow. Last Sunday I drove in a snow storm that dumped about 4 inches of snow. With my old worn out tires I was sliding in every turn and in every curve. It was down right scary. If I lowered the car wouldn't it drag?

·
Registered
429 Posts
you could get coilovers so that you could set the ride height different for different driving conditions. If you are driving in bad conditions you can raise them and it will only be about 1/2"-1" lower than stock or you can slam it all the way down for about 4" of drop to show it off on the weekends or for car shows.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Originally posted by: Red99Cougar
Well today I installed the ST200 wheels with some Conti extreme contacts on what was this morning a 100% stock 99. What's next?
So now it's only 97% stock ;)

I'd also say lower it, with ground control. Lowering makes a huge difference, even on a car that otherwise looks stock. Get some coil overs, then you can adjust them...higher for winter, lower at shows, whatever you please.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i dont know what it is about these wheels but for some reason i just dont like them...:shrug: but that is just me and i am sure youre very happy with them and that is all that really matters..
i must agree with the coil overs i am in the same boat whenit comes to lowering my daily driver too..atleast at stock height it looks like the car is ready to jump on you..heheh..i think eliminating some wheel gap will really make those 17's shine though...keep up the good work..

PS. the wheels look a hell of a lot better then my stock 15" fan blades

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
lower, then side markers (or maybe vise vera because side markers are pretty darn cheap), then tail light covers. then i would say its your choice (well its all really your choice, but you know what i mean) of preformance, sound system, or more body work i guess. just think about it for a while and plan it all out before you do anything, so it all flows in the end. rims look nice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts