New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Awhile ago on another Message Board, Mr Terry Haines posted something about importing these. This post was back in August. I am not trying to steal anything from him, but I really need this for 2004 Show Season.... So without further delay... I have found the items and they are readily available. Me and another NECO member are importing ours later next week. To help reduce the International Charges (This item is stocked only in UK), we thought we would see if anyone else would be interested. Also in the photo you will see a Battery Cover. We are aiming to get a price on those by this time tomorrow. If you are interested in the Engine Covers, Item will be $149 +Shipping from VA once they arrive. The item is shipped from UK Via UPS Expediated, same way my RHD kit came so the items should be at my office within 5 - 7 days of the order date. If you are interested post here. Also for those of you with the 3L, I have access to the ST220 Covers, however it appears they won't bolt up directly. I am researching this now.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
it looks good... not work all the money if u have a polished UIM but its nice... should have told me a week ago... my grand parents who live in England could have brought one and you would have avoided shipping charges..

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i might be intersted but 150 plus shiping for a little cover is alot for me maybe if we got like 10 people would the cost go down any????????????
if it goes down a little im in

intersted in the battery cover as well

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: RioredCoug
i might be intersted but 150 plus shiping for a little cover is alot for me maybe if we got like 10 people would the cost go down any????????????
if it goes down a little im in

intersted in the battery cover as well
I agree... 150 is pretty steep for a piece of plastic. I may be interested in the event we can get these cheaper.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also in the photo you will see a Battery Cover. We are aiming to get a price on those by this time tomorrow.

Price will only be able to go down because of shipping. At this time I have no intentions of selling these at CustomCougars.Com... This item will strictly be limited import item. the $149 price includes UK to USA shipping as well as all duty and broker fees...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Originally posted by: ProjectCougar
Also in the photo you will see a Battery Cover. We are aiming to get a price on those by this time tomorrow.

Price will only be able to go down because of shipping. At this time I have no intentions of selling these at CustomCougars.Com... This item will strictly be limited import item. the $149 price includes UK to USA shipping as well as all duty and broker fees...
so a group buy will do no good?

By that statement im guessing your not making profit

i dont see how getting more wont make the price go down - those cant weight/take up that much space so you could prob put like 10 in a box and ship them all over and then the ten people split the shipping

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would be interested in both covers for a decent price. Also how are they installed?

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Wow.. That's pretty nice.. Anyway you could *ahem* "Borrow" the design and make them? It would probably be cheaper to afford that way

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
yah could replicas be made in Fiberglass? or is that a serious no no in an engine bay? I'd pay 75 without blinkin an eye but 150 is sorta steep on this - especially when I might even remove the badging and have it painted...

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
FYI, Terry has these items already in stock. I checked mine out the other day, and they are beautiful. The price is about right, too, since the items are imported, and not sold here in the states. Plus, once you see them, you realize just how large of a plastic piece this actually is.

E1

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.