Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of the SRT-4?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by: tropiccougar01
I personally think "its a neon!" im done
That is what has kept me from getting one. I test drove one and it performs very well (almost as well as the EVO VIII that I test drove on the same day) but I just can't get over the fact that it is a neon. I will probably keep the cougar just looking for other options.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Say what you will about the SRT-4, but YOU CAN'T BUY A FASTER CAR FOR THE MONEY. Period. 230WHP for under $20K, no other car company can boast that.

Though if you can't stomach it, spend a few grand more and get a WRX. Not quite as fast as the Neon out of the box but AWD and has more upgrade potential and support.

G

·
:thumbsup:

YOU CAN'T BUY A FASTER CAR FOR THE MONEY.
To add to this, its ALL UNDER WARRANTY TOO....even the MOPAR upgrades are warranteed........If I would be very interested in JUST being fast, and not too much into safety and comfort, I would get one in hartbeart, especially the 04 models, with the limited slip (IIRC)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Originally posted by: Seawulf
Say what you will about the SRT-4, but YOU CAN'T BUY A FASTER CAR FOR THE MONEY. Period. 230WHP for under $20K, no other car company can boast that.

Though if you can't stomach it, spend a few grand more and get a WRX. Not quite as fast as the Neon out of the box but AWD and has more upgrade potential and support.
:stupid: couldnt have said it better

·
Registered
184 Posts
ok, i agree with you all it is a neon, and i also agree that it is a fast little car, but it has got to be the most uncomfortable car i have ever sat in. the viper inspired racing seats are just not big enough for the average person, you sit in it and feel like you are being ripped apart righ up the middle. i am not one to sacrifice comfort for speed. there has to be some sort of happy medium.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have thought about the WRX but I haven't driven one yet, How much are they going for?

·
Registered
941 Posts
A cougar is still a contour....

srt-4 is a great bang for the buck
My bro has one, and its a solid, fast car.
For 21k it comes with a limited slip and pulls 230hp at the wheels...nice

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I have been thinking about dumping off the cougar and getting one in the second year of production. Just so they can work out any bugs etc. Like Nick said, Winning is Winning, and well I like to win. Plus theres some sweet aftermarket parts out there for it, like ones Id totally buy!

I love it to be honest and since day one have wanted one!

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Yeah but you see...

Random Girl: "Oh thats a Neon! I have one of those! Its so cute"
You: "....."

·
Registered
404 Posts
Originally posted by: DJcougar
A cougar is still a contour....

Yeah but a Cougar has better seats and looks a lot cooler. :cool:

I remember wanting an SRT-4 when I first heard about them. I'm really torn on the whole thing. Part of me says yaay a cheap fast american car. :thumbsup: Then another part says you see neons all the damn time and no one will notice it. :thumbsdn: Thats why I like old Buick Muscle cars they aren't all over the place like chevys and fords.

·
Registered
941 Posts
"Yeah but a Cougar has better seats and looks a lot cooler"

Srt has viper seats, looks a lot better than the normal neons, and has
almost every part upgraded from the factory, with a warranty.

Its not for everyone....some dont like how loud it is, notchy shifter, etc.

Also Cougars are made for girls also..."oh what a cute car" I hear and see mostly girls driving them.
Yet cougars didnt come with a turbo 2.4 cyl engine
pumping out 230hp at the wheels.

·
Registered
69 Posts
A wrx is 26-27k. They can be talked down a lot. I got my brand new 04 for 22k. Plus, every srt4 around here i have seen isnt under 20k. The dealerships hack on all sorts of extra crap and add around another 2-3k.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Originally posted by: GrandMasterKhan

Yeah but you see...

You: "....."
You: "My cute car is faster than that LT-1 Z-28 over there, and that E36 M3, and that WRX, and that 350Z, and that G35 Coupe, etc..."

1 - 20 of 29 Posts