New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Chris.....PLEASE if you can make it, bring that beast to the meet next Satuday. I have yet to see one in person. (Weather permitting)

Definatly a nice buy.

Do you have a preferance for that silver....you need some color in that laneway man! j/k

·
3L Roush
4,387 Posts
Well, overall I think I like it. I mean, theres no arguing with the performance. Bang for the $$$ its a downright steal. But, its still a Neon, which is the only thing I don't like about it. The fronts not bad, but the rear looks like every other Neon on the road. :(

Overall though, i'd say its a good choice. I can't wait to see what you do with it. :)

Whats the first planned modification? Please tell me you're gonna lower it! :evil:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will bring it for sure, weather permitting. Yes, I know it's a Neon and I already started to find little things that keep the Neon name "BRANDED" to it, but performance was my primary goal. Mods will include a suspension kit, turbo upgrade kit, exhaust system, and bigger brakes. After that other items will come along, including a short shifter, stereo system, and some aesthetic mods too such as possibly an interior trim kit (one I have to like), tint the windows, etc. ALl will come in due time, but I have to get over the financial shock of the original purchase.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
I forgot to ask one KEY question....

Since your wife got the project car preceeding the supercharged SVT, does that mean now that you have the neon as a new toy that the Contour is now hers and the other contour gets sold? lol

G

·
Congrats Chris... and seeing that I still owe you a visit...
I might as well come visit the new bundle of joy
ha ha ha

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by: hamill

Since your wife got the project car preceeding the supercharged SVT, does that mean now that you have the neon as a new toy that the Contour is now hers and the other contour gets sold? lol
HAHAHA, not a chance my friend. :) Vesna (my wife) has only driven the SVT once since I got it, and that was before it was supercharged. Knowing how she treats the SE, not very nicely, I don't think she will driving either my SVT or SRT any time soon unless I'm with her. Hey, it's not that I am being selfish, she is just not very kind to vehicles. To her, it's a way to get from point A to point B, and that's it.I'll say this much, she doesn't like the SRT-4 and the fact that she saw the front Viper like seats and how "tight" they are, the rest is self explanatory. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Originally posted by: cawong11
Originally posted by: hamill

I'll say this much, she doesn't like the SRT-4 and the fact that she saw the front Viper like seats and how "tight" they are, the rest is self explanatory. :shrug:
hahahaha

That's why you bought it....you knew she wouldn't want it. :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
:)

I try

Hey Chris....while I'm thinking of it...if you go to the meet next Sat (if your available) can I meet up with ya since I don't know where I'm going...b/c your place is on the way and it'd be good to see ya again.

Lemmie know via PM

·
Banned
317 Posts
i wonder if chrysler would do a 24 hour test drive (like gm) with one of those.. i could get enough speeding tickets in 1 day to keep me satisfied for a long time in that thing.....

nice buy!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
and is that where you bought your car? At the "nice" dealer?

And b\c it would be very rude to ask how much it totalled up to, I was wondering how well you did compared to the retail price listed on Yahoo Auto's

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Carl, I did buy it from the dealer whom gave me the most favourable email response. As far as price, I got the sunroof for free, and considering that most dealers wanted list or above list, the reduction was presentable and I accepted. I met a SRT-4 owner, who's father works at a Chrysler dealer, and he got his at invoice which was $1700CAD under list. I didn't expect to get invoice at the time, given the attitudes of the various dealers I contacted and visited.

·
Registered
132 Posts
yo dude, you're car is SICK
seriously man, i love that car, i wanted one of those, but then i realized i'd be paying $100000000000 insurance cause i'm 19, ya that sux.
but i'm extremely happy w/ my coug!

ne way, ya ure car rocks!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by: Zeus
yo dude, you're car is SICK
seriously man, i love that car, i wanted one of those, but then i realized i'd be paying $100000000000 insurance cause i'm 19, ya that sux.
but i'm extremely happy w/ my coug!

ne way, ya ure car rocks!
Thanks, but as far as the insurance, it's not that cheap for me either. My premium for the SRT-4 is about 75% of what it costs me for the 2 Contours (98 SVT, 95 SE) I own.
In other words, my total insurance premium per month just went up big time. F....in insurance companies. :mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.