New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I heard a rumour about this... but now my bud is looking for a car, and can't locate an SRT-4 *anywhere*. Two dealers have now told him the car (and the whole neon platform) has been discontinued!! WTF DODGE!! You *finally* make some cheap, fast, and not bloated, and you discontinue it just as the movement gains steam... bah!!

Massiv.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
My friend told me the same thing the other night. Not that they WERE discontinued, but that they WILL be discontinued in the next year or so. Same thing with the Evo IX. Supposedly, the next Evo/SRT will share the same chassis or something. BTW, he also said the other night that the Evo and SRT-4 have the same engine, but the SRT is just slightly detuned. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
12,347 Posts
Originally posted by: azbobbybooshay10
My friend told me the same thing the other night. Not that they WERE discontinued, but that they WILL be discontinued in the next year or so. Same thing with the Evo IX. Supposedly, the next Evo/SRT will share the same chassis or something. BTW, he also said the other night that the Evo and SRT-4 have the same engine, but the SRT is just slightly detuned. :shrug:
the evo has a 2 liter 4g63, and the neon has a 2.4 but i dont know the engine code. but im pretty sure they are no where close to being the same at all.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Originally posted by: azbobbybooshay10
Umm, please tell me why Dodge would share the same chassis and engine as Mitsubishi. And yes I'm gonna have to go with j99coug other than the fast the are i4 turbos they are different engines.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
thats correct. The 2nd gen eclipse had the 420a (140hp) N/a 4cyl engine which was also in the Dodge Neon as well as the Dodge Avenger

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Originally posted by: Rikenbomb
That really sucks for SRT4 owners though.
How do you figure? I think it sucks for the people who dont have one and wanted one. They have pretty much every upgrade under the sun out for the car and im sure they will continue to produce the factory upgrades. Plus its better for the SRT4 people when it comes time to sell the car because people wont be able to just go and buy one so if they want one they will have to take what they can find.

Ive heard the SRT4 is supposed to return in 2007 and it wont look like a Neon. The pictures i remember seeing it was a hatchback like a GTI or new Civic si.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Originally posted by: OJE
Originally posted by: Rikenbomb
That really sucks for SRT4 owners though.
How do you figure? I think it sucks for the people who dont have one and wanted one. They have pretty much every upgrade under the sun out for the car and im sure they will continue to produce the factory upgrades. Plus its better for the SRT4 people when it comes time to sell the car because people wont be able to just go and buy one so if they want one they will have to take what they can find.

Ive heard the SRT4 is supposed to return in 2007 and it wont look like a Neon. The pictures i remember seeing it was a hatchback like a GTI or new Civic si.
Yeah it's been discussed on the SRT boards a million times over the past 3 months or so. The Neon and the SRT-4 are discontinued and from what I've read everywhere......there will be some sort of replacement for it (weither or not it will be called the Neon, I don't know) in 2007.

G

·
Damn thats crazy. I honestly like the SRT-4s, as much as people still refer to them as Neons. I honestly was eventually wanting to test drive one and possibly purchase one in the next two - three years , but simply put.... wow. Hopefully their replacement wont be some other stupid muscle car wannabe family sedan.

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
wow, I thought more people were aware of this [kinda assumed this would have been a dead horse topic]

yes, the Neon is dead [no more smiling grill saying "Hi"]

no, the SRT-4 is not going anywhere, BUT its no longer going to be a Neon, I thought it was going to reappear in a year or 2 as part of the cobalt line.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.