New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've been hearing a squeaking coming from the the back of my car when ever I hit a bump that bounces the car in the slightest bit. I haven't been able to distinguish what side it coming from or even what it's coming from. First I though it might of been the hatch but now it really thinking its coming from the struts. My Coug only has 13,000 miles on it so I know the struts aren't going already, but could the extreme cold and all the ice and crap on the rode be causing them to squeak?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
car is more then likely frozen...like mine was this morning...where are you from...if it was cold there then that is why shes squeekin...if youre in one of those warm climates then...beats me..

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had the same problem. It started around that milege too. I took it to the dealership, they checked it out and said that all they had to do was lubricate the e-brake cable. I dunno, it helped for about a week and then started again.

I figure hell, as long as it's under warranty i'm gonna have them check every squeak or creak. I wanna take full advantage of it.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarC202
I took it to the dealership, they checked it out and said that all they had to do was lubricate the e-brake cable. I dunno, it helped for about a week and then started again.

If it started again, it is more than likely the rear sway bar bushing. Mine used to stop for a few days after my car had been on jack stands, then start again. I assume that the car had to get resettled to start squeaking again. Check to make sure that the bushings are bolted down tight. If need be, add some lubricant and bolt them down securely.

·
Administrator
24,500 Posts
Sway bar bushings or control arm bushings. Gotta be.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
The sway bar bushings tend to be the ones that squeak. If you just want to be done with the squeaking and have little chance of it returning just get a set of Energy Suspension or another brand Polyurethane bushings and lubricate them well. Done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts