New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a while ago I installed a rear sway bar. It would squeak over every little bump i hit. I realized I forgot to grease the bushings. So I greased 'em up with plenty of poly grease I picked up at autozone. The noise went away. Now i'm getting another squeak maybe a week later, but I'd say it's more of a groaning sound. It's not as bad as it was originally, but somethings not right.

Is there something that could have fatigued or needs lubed since I installed the bar? I'll be replacing the stock suspension with over 97k soon enough.

Btw. I'm using the poly bushings that came with the BAT bar.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Well, I installed the Roush sway bar and used the Energy Suspension poly bushings. I've found that depending on the grease you use, it washes out easily and begins to creak again. I found a product called Sylglide or Silglide (I don't remember the spelling) that works really well and doesn't wash out quickly. I still need to reapply every few months, but it's lasts much longer. If you can't find that (comes in a big toothpaste type tube) then I would try marine grease since it's more waterproof and resists getting washed out better than some other automotive grease. I would try that and if that doesn't work then I would say it's something else and not the bushings.

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
ok it took me forever to get every creak and groan out of my suspension.

so your sitting on tired stock with a new sway bar? Are the sway bar end links original? Mine were in horrendous shape when I took them out at 60k

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The end links are original. I believe Bradness @ CEG sells new ones, correct? They look ok, well, i'm not sure what i'm looking for. They're attached, in one piece, and appear to be doing their job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts