New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok- some of you want to know what Brian is up to right? I managed to get one photo released and here it is-

Also, I mentioned a mod to help light up your engine bay/ underbody when working on it a while back- here it is also-

And lastly- some reminder of what a battery can do to your hood- this is the cleaned up (permanent damage) hood as the car sits now-

(the 3 should be self explanatory)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also Brian- I have sent the pics I took along to the proper recipient and will send you some if you gimme an addy to send them to. Or get them from said person. :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Those Christmas light's are a damn good idea....I'm surprised I haven't done it just yet.

On a side note that fits the title well, My C-clamp is coming close and I have a real annoying exhaust leak now.....I suppose it's time for headers.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Also slade, what the hell are you talking about. And why is brians right hand way up in the air, shouldnt he be using it?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah- I am very very surprised the clamp held this long! I was hoping for a few days at most- just long enough for ya to get to a shop that could properly drill out the stud and replace it.

·
Registered
674 Posts
wow, owning this thread. I must have not heard that part.....I suppose that would be cheaper than headers :goofy: eh

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL- yeah bro- It was only meant to be temporary. OUr problem was the drill bit wasnt a match for the grade 8 stud- otherwise we'd have drilled it out and replace with a stainless bolt, washer, and nut. I'd see if a shop could fix it before spending $600 or so on headers.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow- that was quick James; if you want to see what Brian was working on then either click here: Clickerooo or check out the cosmetic section.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Slade, interestig to see your car with that cage. I knew you wanted one but doubted ited be made this early. Awesome looking and deff. show points involved there. Good stuff and thanks for posting a pic then info. Take care....

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I am so drunk right now,

I just wanted to ass this to the convo!

1.) Slade, your awesome, we have to open a altertor install /message parlor!
2.) JOhn we need to dsink more together
3.) Jeff, this is from earlier and I think it was slade, but sex your wife up!
4.) Beer roxros!

Tony
Ps this took ten minutes to write!

·
Registered
674 Posts
wow I'm a dumbass, I definetally looked at that cage for like 20 min today trying to figure out if it would increase the structural rigity at all.....didn't even reccognize the car it's in. Is that manderal bent tubing, I'm hoping so. Um, and Tony I think you need another beer because I can mostly understand what you typed.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
hmm I'm not that old but I remember when it used to be all go and no show
things in the auto world are so different now.
Roll cages that can't protect. Fake blow off valve sound kits and purge systems
that have no nitrous to purge. It's kinda weird if you think about it.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Originally posted by: gyger
No kidding! What do the old timers think? It's really not that to far removed from adding stickers IMO.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I chatted with that Civic group that camps out in my works parking lot every thrusday...
one dude told me "I have the NoS"

In reality it was an empty tank with a brand new Nos sticker..
:rofl:

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Tony, Chris is on his way(yoha) to school cuz my friends and family are coming from MI to see and party. You could come on over dude for real, sorority parties friday and saturday, Toga party saturday!!! Call me if you and Angie wanna come...

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
so that cage isn't functional? eitherway, it looks nice!

·
5,273 Posts
Don't confuse "Show" with fake valve sounds and stickers... you can win shows or you can win races, pick which one you want. I have as much respect for someone who puts the time and effort into making the car look hot and one of a kind as the guy who rebuilds the motor into a ground pounder. There are going to posers and pretenders in everything, whether it's "ricers" in tuners, or "script kiddies" in computers. :shrug:

Dude, I want to go to the toga party. Is that invite just for Tony?
Yea, seriously John, if you can't bring enough for everybody, leave it at home!

And Tony, dude, Becky is gonna kick your a** :rofl:

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Don't confuse "Show" with fake valve sounds and stickers...
yup I see what you are saying Mark but the roll bar is fake it won't protect anything.
Either way looks good nice job on the fabrication:thumbsup:
You can win shows and races you just have to have the balls to race your fast show car
Jame's car will be pushing 600+hp and easy destroy many of the cars
at the track but I don't think it will ever see the track just dyno's.
That's his choice.
just my 2 cents

:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts