New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It wasn't funny while it was happening but, afterwards I laughed a bit.

I was going to work and exiting I-94 on Mooreland and took the offramp, the rear end broke out out of no where. I think it had to do with all of the salt buildup on the road, Maybe ice and the extensive curve in the road, not sure. I am willing to bet I was going a little to fast but, no faster than I normally go.

After keeping it under control for an extremely long time, it finally spins. I end up looking at oncoming traffic. (one van) who had to wait for me to turn it around. He had to wait for the light to change green anyway, so I wasn't holding him up.

I gave him a wave on my way around, he gives me nothing but a straight face and I laugh a bit.

All in all I think I did well with the situation.
------------------------------------------
*I never left my lane ( not to hard to do in a 5 foot long car ) and almost saved it after sliding in a drift style slide for about a hundred feet or more - not sure.
*I never felt panic. Just did the best I could after realizing the inevitable.
*Didn't hit anyone or anything. Came to a calm stop.

All morning this morning there has been accidents everywhere, I-43 was backed up for over 45 minutes at one point. I wonder if its salt buildup.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I am just over-confident with that car. It handles way to well, and the skinny tires must have just not been able to take it.

Throw some good 9 - 10 inch wide race wheels and slicks on that car and it would autox like hell!

[GnuloCo]

·
Registered
233 Posts
Why do you think I can't wait to get my baby back??? I love that car...it does make you very overconfident at times though. It probably was the salt builup. The rear end on it is so light...**** the car only weighs like 2200 lbs. In the summer on the way home on sunset I could get that thing to just start pushing the rear end out on those few tight turns. I 'd have to push that thing so hard though to do it. Even with the little skinnies. I want to get 17's on that thing..it would stomp my SVt in an instant for sure. Hey Chris I went on the Progress suspension website again last night.....I"m getting more dumb ideas for that thing for the summer. :biggrin:I dunno something about pulling over 1 lateral G in the del sol kinda turns me on:tongue:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Oh yeah I've spun the del sol probably a dozen times or so. The first time I think was at work I was dropping may off at home and I hit a deep snow patch doing about 70mph. She closed her eyes I was laughing half the time. A frickin van decided to wait and turn on to 94 for a very long time. I hit the brakes and waalaaa I think she spun around about 3-4 times then we hit dry ground and she slid to a halt. No body was hit and I was laughing my ass off for awhile. may was quiet to say the least....I dunno if she **** herself or peed her pants

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, I went to mcdonalds for lunch and realized another section of exhaust fell off. It's the next section up so, its still connected past the cat,

Those f|_|cking Meineke f|_|cks, their exhaust is total crap. From what I can see it rusted right off where the hanger connects to the pipe, It looks like there is a huge hole.

To be completely honest.. I can tell that the muffler being "detached" gave 'er a few ponies. Maybe like 5 or so. But it pulls a lot harder than it did. I guess if you would just remove the cat, now you would pretty much have a Jesse James Exhaust setup.

To bad you are going to have to emissions test it, you could just weld up a straight pipe all the way back, maybe even out the side.

[gnu]

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
chris, wts are ya doing in a honda mang? how long you been drivin that thing? storin the coug for the winter?

:wave: waaaaaaay the hell outta the loop.

·
Registered
233 Posts
It's my old car...I sold it to him so he had another car to drive. But, I'll be getting it back soon enough. yeah dude that meineke **** sucks ass. I'm still not sure what to do. Hey chris If I have to work this weekend can I borrow it for a day or 2. I 'm sick of piling the miles on the Dmax. Oh yeah does the cd player still work in it? I might go to mufflers and pipes on Sunset. They say they do custom work, so maybe I'll have them bend me up a fairly straight pipe and just put a fart can on it. Later

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by: Thinkmoto
It's my old car...I sold it to him so he had another car to drive. But, I'll be getting it back soon enough. yeah dude that meineke **** sucks ass. I'm still not sure what to do. Hey chris If I have to work this weekend can I borrow it for a day or 2. I 'm sick of piling the miles on the Dmax. Oh yeah does the cd player still work in it? I might go to mufflers and pipes on Sunset. They say they do custom work, so maybe I'll have them bend me up a fairly straight pipe and just put a fart can on it. Later
Sure you can take it, It shouldn't be a problem. However if its snowing we might need it. The lower right control arm is still bent on the cougar and it barely handles on dry roads. I need to get that fixed. Plus I am still running those bald kuhmos.

Cd player is hit or miss, now that its this cold, it doesn't load cd's at all but.. You might get lucky. I haven't been so.

Almost forgot, I spilled roast beef on the floor on the drivers side from IDL's Pot luck, So it smells like beef a little bit. :rofl: I haven't had a chance to wash it out. :rofl:.. Its alright tho. As of right now you can barely smeel it. And as long as its cold out there won't be any problems. :rofl:

I think im gonna wash it with Chris and Rons carpet cleaner. Its got attachments for that stuff.

[GnuLoCo]

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, Yea it needs it. its kinda just hanging there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts