·
Registered
3,104 Posts
i wouldnt mind seeing pictures myself.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I want to paint my headlights that color but getting my headlights apart was damn hard and I was afraid to brake them so I stopped. Is it gonna be expensive to take the entire headlight to a shop to get painted and let them deal with taking it apart?

·
Registered
954 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Originally posted by: PeDL2DaMeDL
I'm also thinking of doin up the headlights, I just took apart my dash and learned you just have to suck it up and do it, whether something breaks or not. It's called modification. :)
couldnt have said it better myself...

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarSVT
99CouGSweetRide, Did you paint those yourself? If so where did you find the paint color at??
the car on cougardb.com isnt his mike's spruce green car

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
most shops won't take them apart for you, or if they do, they're gonna charge you labor for it.

just friggen do it, if you break something, you break something, it's all part of modifying. I can't even name all the things I've broken on my car, some are still broken, but you'd never notice. Take out the piece you want painted and then take it to the shop and have it painted. Or, find a close paint match and do it yourself.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As far as doin it my self, ok then. To seperate the houseing do i just jam a screwdriver into the sealant and work it open or cut it with a razorblade? And would it look ugly painted silver or should I try to match my paint job?

S

·
0 Posts
you could pm mike, that's his neco screenname, pres of the toronto chapter ;)

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Mike had his painted by a shop

if you have a spruce green,you don't have many other options :)

Here is the best pic to show spruce with headlight covers vs painting headlights (my car and Mikes)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok supposedly mike is the authority on this subject does anyone know how I can get in contact like e-mail or whatever?

S

·
0 Posts
try a PM - that lil lock emblem over on the right. also, there is a comprehensive how to on teamneco.com with pics....

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarSVT
ok supposedly mike is the authority on this subject does anyone know how I can get in contact like e-mail or whatever?
LOL....

Open your headlights using the HOW TO (like "Mike") take the black part to the shop and say "can you paint this Spruce green, paint code FS (IIRC) and to add some high temp stuff, then they paint it and you take it home....put your headlights together and VOILLA

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
You might want to take your car too so they can get the right shade mixed ;)

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Originally posted by: LostRacer
You might want to take your car too so they can get the right shade mixed ;)
good point....forgot that one. I just gve them my stock spoiler :)

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
damn, i keep forgetting how much i like your licence plate being that low on the bumper... it looks awesome! :)

any luck on getting a new grill between the lights Dan??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts