New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have springs on there zetec yet...also what cosmetic mods do all of the zetec(s) have...I currently have the wings west body kit...no rims yet though =(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope the eibacks wont work and niether will the h&r they are all made to hold the v6 weight not the 4 bangers....is says they will but i had my local shop phone and they both said no such luck

·
Registered
591 Posts
Ndru...PM streetconcepts if teamxtremecougar hasn't got in touch w/ u, he's running the Ground control...say, TECougar, when you gonna meet up w/ us folks here in GA?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the shop im goin to said that the eibach springs would fit a 4cyl too. Should i go ahead and get em put in?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They will fit but I think your front end will stick up higher than the back. The weight difference between the V6 front and the I4 front is probably enough to make the front "float". The back is probably the same weight.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi... I have just bought the H&R lowering springs (on ebay for $50
hehe) . They are for both Cougars V6 and I4 ( in the manual it says Cougar BCV 96KW-125KW). The H&R are 30mm, sorry I am too lazy to get into inches. Here is a link, sorry in german, but it shows that the offered H&R springs are for both Cougars:
german D & W Homepage, H&R springs
I also asked Eibach . The springs from Eibach are different. OrderNr. 3586140 is for the I4, 25mm=1inch and 3589140, 30mm for the V6.
On june 11th I will have my H&R lowering springs installed. The PN I have is 29455 VA (front) and 29455 HA (rear).
Check out my Homepage for my cosmetic mods on my four banger Cougar.
Greetings from germany
Marc

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I think that the only place where you can get springs especially made for the Zetec powered Cougar is in Europe. They are the most popular model there. Engemann, Wolf-Concept and Intec Tuning (aka Stoffler Autotechnik) offers them. I'm pretty sure that H&R, Eibach and Apex offer springs for the Zetec Cougar in Europe as well.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Damn... I have to wait 'til June 21st for the lowering. I won't be able to drop my cat on June 11th due to some minor health reasons... I will keep you updated :)
Greetings Marc

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A guy I met on contour.org had a '98 Mystique similar to mine that he installed H&R's on. It was a zetec too. The car looked great and he had no problems with them. He traded the car in on a '02 WRX in April.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was browsing around the Ford Motorsports website and they have Eibach Springs for the ZX2. Now I know one of the guys on here is a ZX2 owner and maybe he can answer if the ZX2's come in a 6 cyl....and if they are only 4 cyl then why the Eibachs wouldn't fit the Cougar unless the suspension is different??

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi there... My car is right now at the shop and is getting lowered now.. I will post some pics later today.
greetings from germany
Marc

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi.. I am totally pissed... Sorry for that language... Yesterday I dropped my car at my Ford Dealer for checking Aircondition and headlights. Well, they checked the headlight but forgot the aircondition. But they made a 45000km service which wasn't wanted by me. They also gave me no call and charged a airfilter that wasn't even exchanged because I have a K&N Filter. Ok, today I gave my car to my local shop for lowering it. When I picked it up only the front springs were exchanged because they weren't able to remove the rear ones. I finally talked my tuning shop which is unfortunately 2 hours away. They gave instructions to the service guy and now they will try it again tomorrow morning. If they wont make it I will drive 2 hours to Stoffler.
I man... my car looks not bad with onyl the front lowered, it looks even. Both gaps between tires and fenders front and rear are now equal. But I want all the springs :)
So I will try it again tomorrow. More trouble to come... hopefully not
greetings from a disappointed
Marc in germany

PS: I am glad that I found this lowering spring installation HOW TO on our oard. I will print it out and bring it in tomorrow... thanks mransr
lowering HOW TO

·
Registered
253 Posts
...Now everything is fine now.. After telling them how to do it the springs are installed now. I have to admit that the handling of the already great Cougar suspension is even better and it's not a hard ride. I really love it. It is a 30mm / 1.2 inch lowering.
Check this pic:
My Cougar lowered 30mm / 1.2 inches

Greetings from germany
Marc

·
Registered
719 Posts
here it is B&G sport suspension part #30164
preston's sport can order them for you(954)9848040

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.