New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriends car was tagged last night. How the hell do you get spray paint off the door panels and windows without replacing those items?

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I use clay bars to remove paint overspray. That might help. As for the windows I'm not sure, clay bar may work, maybe a razor blade used carefully. Maybe acetone type stuff.

·
Registered
892 Posts
clay bar. my friend wacked a yellow curb and got all the paint off. you just have to be patient. it might take a while but will work. one more hint of advice...beating stick

·
Registered
244 Posts
You can use steel wool for your windows. Real steel wool not the brillo ****. It won't scratch them at all, in fact it cleans them.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
pure based acetone, xylol and some light buffing, but these chemicals are very toxic and harmful to the touch, i had accidentaly ran over a gold can of spray paint at my old job... covered rim, tire, entire under carriage, left front fender and all way down orange peel bottom...it was not easy to get off at first, but it will- just be careful with those solvents- i actually wouldnt reccomend them to anyone because some people just dont know how to handle them correctly and end up buffing off the clear coat, then the paint, but it does work, just be careful!! as for the windows, BazookaJOE is right on target,steel wool is best.

And there is not a spot of gold anywhere or miss-colorness of paint!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, She just had her parents file a suit with their insurance company which they paid for it all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts