New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo I got some kind of bad film on my windows. Everytime i look out the window from the inside and outside, I see all the spots......They look like what freckles look like on a human, and it's on all the windows. I tried some of every glass cleaner, from Rain-X to Armor All Window Cleaner, and they are still there......What's up with that yall?

·
Registered
536 Posts
To remove water spot build-up on windows, use a glass polish that contains a pumice powder. Apply to a terry towel and rub using medium pressure. Be patient, as some heavy build up may take time to remove.

A great glass polish I have found that has a variety of other uses is Bar Keepers Friend. This can be safely used on glass, chrome, porcelain, formica, fiberglass, most metals, etc. It is widely available in grocery stores and some home improvement stores, look in the cleaning products area. It comes in a gold canister with a blue logo and is very easy to use.

Here is a list of just some of the stores I know of that carry it:
Target
WalMart
Linens & Things
WinnDixie
Ace

edit: If you happen to have some already, chrome polish works well on minor water spots. But if you don't have any or its not doing the trick, go with the Bar Keepers Friend.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Originally posted by: Morph

A great glass polish I have found that has a variety of other uses is Bar Keepers Friend. This can be safely used on glass, chrome, porcelain, formica, fiberglass, most metals, etc. It is widely available in grocery stores and some home improvement stores, look in the cleaning products area. It comes in a gold canister with a blue logo and is very easy to use.

Here is a list of just some of the stores I know of that carry it:
Target
WalMart
Linens & Things
WinnDixie
Ace

I've heard good things about this, but haven't had the need to try it yet, luckily no bad water spots so far! Good luck!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I used to detail cars at a dealership and we would use automagic the best in car cleaners. try some auto magic glass cleaner spray on some towls that you get at the pumps at a gas station wipe it on and take another towl and wipe it off but make sure when you wipe there is no moisture left behind or your right back where you started.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Use a clay bar on them first then 3M Perfect-It III Rubbing Compound....... it's easier to come by than Diamondite. But if you can get your hands on a full kit of Diamondite do that and use the window polymer to protect the window from having that problem again.

:beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts