New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a factory spoiler for my Cougar. How hard is it to install? Are there any how to's on this? Any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Basically, you need to measure the distance from hole to hole. They measure on the trunk and mark the hole spots. Drill the holes from the outside. Then you just screw bolts into the spoiler through the trunk from inside(you need to peel back the carpet).

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Did your car have a spoiler originally?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Heres the HowTo for the Visteon but visteon uses the same holes as stock.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Mine didnt come with spoiler dont rememebr what drill bit but just line it up and drill holes. I ended up with 6 holes for my 4 bolt spoiler. but the other two are covered by spoiler

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by: Loyalty
Did your car have a spoiler originally?
Nope. The old lady that bought it new saved a measily $200. I just bought one (stock) on ebay for $30 already painted my color and all. Hoping to install it myself, but I don't want to jack up my ride so if it looks too complicated I'll take it to a body shop I suppose.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I installed a spoiler on my Cougar after I got it, too. Just set the spoiler down on the trunk lid and scratch the four holes you'll need to drill, then tape with masking tape around those holes, so that metal shavings don't scratch anything. Once the holes are drilled, prime and paint the inside of the holes, and I used some silicone to keep the metal unexposed, then drop in the new spoiler and tighten from underneath.

Consider this the same difficulty as installing an intake... just an hour and a steady hand will do the job.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Hope the spoiler works out for ya. I'm sure it's good quality. Anyway remember this: when you're done drilling holes, make sure you get all the metal shavings off the car or it will cause it to rust. unfortunately I'm speaking from experience.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by: Seth
Heres the HowTo for the Visteon but visteon uses the same holes as stock.

This How To worked out great! Spoiler is on and I'm stoked about it... Thanks to all...!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.