New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I want to get the sound and look, (basically look), of having duals. Is there a way I can simply purchase something that contains two mufflers that I will be able to mount without having to go out and purchase like a whole new system?

Again, I basiscally want the appearance of two mufflers - though the exhaust system doesn't have to be "high performance".

Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Or you could buy another tip, have a mechanic cut a hole in the side of your existing single pipe, bend a pipe out the other end, that way you'll have smoke coming out of it, and voila-duals!

Shouldn't cost more than 25+Tip

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Haha, someone i know did that fake non-working duals thing with his V6 mustang. Totally ghey.
2nd suggestion isnt a bad one, sounds like a $75 job from Monroe considering they charged me $50 to replace my center muffler with straight pipe.

i hope you guys mean 'exhaust gasses' or 'Steam' instead of Smoke

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there any way I can get a new second muffler and hang it and install some type of connector that would hook the two up. In other words, Can I make muffler A and muffler B connect to the actual exhaust pipe - not muffler B connecting to muffler A which connects to the exhaust pipe.

Why we are at it, if Train A leaves Boston for Chicago at 70mph and Train B leaves Miami at 45mph headed north for Baltimore, at when approximate time does anybody give a ****? Are you still reading this stupid problem? Don't blame me for wasting your time :). Stay in drugs, drink plenty of school, and don't do milk.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I think the easiest method has been suggested, just get a shop to cut the pipe somewhere before the first muffler, then weld on a new pipe (to make the shape of a Y), and put a muffler with a tip on that. But if you want the overall 'look' you'd need to get matching mufflers.

Mike

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Train B will reach baltimore when 3 oranges plus 2 apples = the multiplied speed between two passing cars.

+ 7.

A shop could fairly easily splice another piece of exhaust piping where it takes a left turn (looking at it from the rear) under the middle of the car next to the rear sway arms.

or even more easy would be to cut before that bend, and get a little Y piece and have them work it that way. That'd be easier to convert back to stock if you ever needed to.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think that I will go with the option of cutting it before the pipe reaches the first one. Is is cheaper to get an extra one and weld it on as suggested or can I perhaps already get some type of Y pipe with two mufflers already installed and then just throw that on there?

That way, if I did want stock, I can simply remove the "y" piece and put back on the original. Make sense?

Also, the answer was + or - 7 so right now, I can only give partial. Sorry :(

Thanks!

·
Registered
810 Posts
or you could just get a cat back exhaust and get the look and the sound

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think my Cougar "loves" me but is not "in Love" with me ;)

How much would a real catback exhaust system run - ballpark?

The only real reason I was approaching the other way is mainly because of fund shortage.

Ghetto Love!

Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts