New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my "speed screen grill" aka Gutter guard
Theres really nothing to "installing" the grill. I took the upper one off cut a general shape out of the gutter guard. Remove the Cougar emblem, fold the guard over the stock grill. Take some 3m plastic fast setting epoxy and mix it up then dab it on the mesh and grill completely, then put the Cougar Emblem on over the mesh. As for the lower grills remove the grills, cut mesh to grills shape. I used small zip ties. and if you dont know anything about zip ties those suckers last. I have had the Cougar up to 140 on interstate and no problems. After you have the mesh secured to stock grills take some of that epoxy and put on tabs on the front bumper. and in the holes on the grill....put the grills back on and hold into place for bout 30 seconds. You have to stick your arm in from the top so dont put upper grill on first. After you have them in place you can safely put the upper grill back on. Afterwards sit back and enjoy the look.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
looks good. where did you get that from? The so-called 'gutter-guard' I have is a big heavy white plastic that looks plain stupid. (from home depot)

MIke

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
you can get that stuff from home-depot or lowes for really cheap. i paid 2 bucks for 20 feet from our local lowes. it's weak IMHO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The ones that I purchased were only like 1.5 ft long....i paid 1.50 each panel..Its much heavier than it looks I was real pleased with it...I got mine at lowes here in birmingham, alabama

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Ghey! i paid like $7 for a pack of it at homey depot and used about a fifth of the total amount. Mine's sitting between the headlight mount brackets off of that main frame rail, right up against the radiator. I have a blue neon in there and you can see it back in there behind my euro 01 grill if yr looking... adds a nice touch. I think its too gaudy and PITA to replace/cover all the stock grilling.

·
Premium Member
16,452 Posts
Originally posted by: PeDL2DaMeDL
If my fishing line holds onto a 15 lb bass fish while reeling him in, they should hold up a piece of plastic, eh works for me...
you could also try piano wires, we use to use it to tie other frat brothers doors shut. If your really concerned (about losing you $2 peice of gutter lol), you wont find anything stronger and discrete.

~Tj

·
Premium Member
16,452 Posts
oh awsome mod by the way, I'm definitely going to look into it.

~Tj

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.