New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, greetings from a potential die hard member. I currently own a '93 Probe GT with the usual list of Int, Exh, TB, fr + rr Strut braces, Ground Controls + Illuminas, Addco sway bar.

I'm happy to see that this whole list is available for the Cougars. Seems like a really similar, well matched up car, that could be easily taken to where I'm at now.

So I'm here looking around for only an hour, and I'm already sweating over the Vortech car they have up for sale. I can imagine myself now with a plane trip to California and a long drive home, speckled with frantic calls to the bank to give me the bucks for this used car...

What oddities would owning this machine entail? The PGT owners with turbos and SC's are largely pleased with the relative happiness of the car with it's forced induction. There's the usual confusion about the best ECU programs, the right injectors and fuel pressures to use, some occasional running-too-rich smoke out the tail pipe on acceleration. etc. Would this be any different?

I'm currently looking at a new car as my trusty old one (had it for 7 years now) has finally started to succumb to the years of salted roads and my aggressive driving habits. I long for the easy to maintain and never surprised by the newest small problem vehicle to own. As damned sweet as the supercharger would be, any ideas if this is a plug and play and forget it item? Or am I going to constantly have little stuff go wrong here and there that is never quite right because the car is so far outside of it's original design envelope. I don't want to be 10,000 miles down the road looking at a rebuild on something that must be so far out warranty consideration. How do you maintain something like this?

Any experience / knowledge with SC's would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
972 Posts
As long as you maintain it well, I think you should be fine, also Paxton has their supercharged cougar for sale, but it may have been already sold!! Good luck, hope to see you join the club

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I'm hoping that it's just a little maintenance. I can handle that. I need to do a lot of research this weekend on them in general. I work at a place that makes diesel engines, and almost all of them are turbocharged, So I understand them. Superchargers, while similar in concept, are obviously also very different in execution. I wonder if there's any Bonneville SSi boards to check out what they do with them?

Oh, the excitement!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.